THE OFFICIAL DREAM THEATER DISCUSSION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does every song made have to either be the coolest song ever or complete shit with you guys?

It's lame that you guys ass rape any new dream theater music or anything dream theater. You're more critical of them than any other band. Did Labrie beat you up as kids or something?

Why does every song made have to either be the coolest song ever or complete shit with you guys?

It's lame that you guys ass rape any new dream theater music or anything dream theater. You're more critical of them than any other band.

Strictly MHFO here: DT set the bar REAL high for themselves early on in their career, I was THE ultimate fanboi back at the beginning. I still think they haven't topped I&W & Awake. The closest they've come is SFAM. Everything else since then has had one, two, maybe three good tunes on it. Perhaps they are trying to be TOO "progressive". The 2 leaked tunes sounded cool, but it's too bad that the rest of the cd sounds like shite to me. Do we really need to here a shitty Muse styled song? Made my stomach turn. I know what I like to hear from this genre of music, and sadly, DT lost their crown a LONG time ago, and haven't been winning me over much since. I don't care if a band progresses, and adds other influences (Rush has done a GREAT job with this), but DT have failed. Their die hard fanbois will echo the legions of PoS fans who say that the detractors "just don't get it". They are both equally, lemmings. I bagged on the new Rush cd just as hard, and if any band I'm a fan of puts out a bad (IMO) cd, you bet I'm going to say something about it. Even if it's Symphony X or Freak Kitchen.

Did Labrie beat you up as kids or something?

No, he tried to hit me with his purse, but I smudged mascara in his eye with my thumb, and sent him home, crying to his momma....

I still think they haven't topped I&W & Awake.
I know what I like to hear from this genre of music, and sadly, DT lost their crown a LONG time ago, and haven't been winning me over much since.

Pretty much sums up my view that DT lost more than a keyboard player when Kevin Moore left the band. I would even say he was their "crown".

Rudess is a great player, yes, but nobody has topped (or even come close to equaling) Moore's songwriting.

Pretty much like the overused Yngwie riffage on new material from a certain prog metal band. :rolleyes: Time to get some new ideas. After cd after cd of the "same ole same ole", changes are in order. How "progressive" is that?

crying-baby.jpg

Pretty much like the overused Yngwie riffage on new material from a certain prog metal band. :rolleyes: Time to get some new ideas. After cd after cd of the "same ole same ole", changes are in order. How "progressive" is that?

Wow, couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!!

So now let's forget what everything should/should not sound like, and just listen to them as individual albums. Why does everything have to be compared to something.

"insert dumbass pic found on internet here because I can't think of anything better"

No crybabying here...your buddy was the whiner...l just answered an unoriginal post with an equally unoriginal response to show how useless it all really is. Bands have influences and most are very easy to pick out...to rag on it is just wasting space.

Status
Not open for further replies.