THE OFFICIAL DREAM THEATER DISCUSSION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole song is just so muddy and annoying. For some reason, I can't help but blame Mike Portnoy. I just have the feeling that it's his fault.

i really like TDEN, verse isnt that flash but the chorus and instrumental section make up for it 10 fold - the intro riff is pretty sweet too :headbang:

Progressive nu-metal FTW!! The Dark Eternal Night was garbage, that goes hand in hand with Dream Theater though.

I liked this album. Probably more than the previous 2, in fact. Repentance and ITPoE part 2 are probably my favorite songs off of it, lmao.

LIST TIME!!!

1. Awake
2. I&W
3. ACoS
4. SDoIT
5. This album
6. SFaM
7. FIF
8. ToT
9. WDADU
10. Octavarium

Yeah... basically anything past 6 I don't really care for much...

The new album is there best in forever, and a very strong album of 2007.

My order is for what i have

Images and Words
Train of Thought
SFAM
Oct
Awake

Systematic Chaos will fall prob right below SFAM
i need to get six degrees and change of seasons

I like newer dream theater, like Scenes from a memory and up i like alot more then awake. Images and Words is The best though, they struck gold with that.

And when you listen to Dark eternal night with the album it fits and sounds so much better then just listening to it as one song.....same with constant motion, it all works evry well.

I liked this album. Probably more than the previous 2, in fact. Repentance and ITPoE part 2 are probably my favorite songs off of it, lmao.

Not that it would be hard to top them. I can barely stand to listen to Octavarium, just the title track. I hated ToT upon first hearing it, but it grew on me, after getting past the talk vocals. SC was a lot more likeable. Though I don't understand why they released the two songs they did, IMO they aren't that great.

Flame at will.

flamethrower-754684.JPG

1. SFAM
2. IAW
3. A
4. TOT
5. SDOIT
6. ACOS
7. WDADU
8. Octavarium
9. FII

It's hard though, because every album has great songs. For instance, my least fave album has one of my fave songs, Trial Of Tears, and if ACOS was the only song on it's album it would be no. 1, cos it's my all time fave song by DT, but I don't really like the covers on the cd with it...

SC is looking very good though, can't wait to finally hear the whole thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.