THE OFFICIAL DREAM THEATER DISCUSSION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only song I don't like is track 5, Repentance. Its just so long and boring.

Yeah...this song definitely drags entirely too long. Everytime I hear it I keep thinking they could have made that song better somehow. To me, it is the weak part of the release. The soundbites are overdone also. Has anyone noticed that one of the voices sounds like Robin Williams?

You're traumatized?

Dream Theater has more fans. Therefore, since they are the bigger band on the big label, they're the headliners. It's business.

You wanna get traumatized? Listen to Agalloch - The Mantle and then we can make "The Official Who Still Cares About Dream Theater Thread"

You're traumatized?

Dream Theater has more fans. Therefore, since they are the bigger band on the big label, they're the headliners. It's business.

You wanna get traumatized? Listen to Agalloch - The Mantle and then we can make "The Official Who Still Cares About Dream Theater Thread"

I got tired of hearing about Agalloch in a Dream Theater thread so I finally went to the site and streamed the songs they have up there and can say...

Sounds like the band needs some serious work. The drums were off the the guitar was pretty weak. Symphony X by far surpasses that band in every way.

Their Bio section stated them as an "ever changing" Black Metal-rooted band...sounded like a bad version of Porcupine Tree tbh.

Maybe they have A good song or two out there...and if so it might be better for them to put those songs on there. :puke:

I got tired of hearing about Agalloch in a Dream Theater thread so I finally went to the site and streamed the songs they have up there and can say...

Sounds like the band needs some serious work. The drums were off the the guitar was pretty weak. Symphony X by far surpasses that band in every way.

Their Bio section stated them as an "ever changing" Black Metal-rooted band...sounded like a bad version of Porcupine Tree tbh.

Maybe they have A good song or two out there...and if so it might be better for them to put those songs on there. :puke:
ANHERO.jpg

Basically my point was just that there's a lot of bands out there better than Dream Theater and Symphony X so this is nothing to freak out about. Of the two, Symphony X's most recent album far surpasses Dream Theater's, but I still won't call it the best of '07. Very good though.

I can't fucken believe people are actually bashing agalloch. Fucking christ, use the progsnob's best weapon against them:

For everyone who says agalloch is shit, you simply don't have the mental capacity to appreciate or understand what they are doing here. It's simply brilliance. And no, i'm not joking. You are all fucking retarded.

Again, dead fucking serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.