THE OFFICIAL DREAM THEATER DISCUSSION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested... :D

EDIT: That was actually pretty cool. Much more like the Lie video than Hollow Years, but much more professionally done... Looks like they'd had the hair straightener out though... :D

I wish bands wouldn't edit down the song though, that annoys me... :heh:

You know what that video was like? Like watching the album. Like watching a band who doesn't care what their video looks like, just like they don't care what their music sounds like. Or they care too much. Too much like James Hetfield.

In this case, why make a video at all? The band plays. Ants do some ant-like things. We see the balls of Octavarium as if to make us feel more like fans.

Stupid ants. Stupid DT.

I'm going to sum up EVERYTHING you have said/contributed in this thread in a few words (which you could've done in the first place to save yourself a lot of time)

"I don't like Dream Theater"

You disliked the video before you even watched it so why bother? The only things worse than blind fanboys are people like you who feel that it is your god given duty to start shit-slinging at every opportunity rather than just moving on to something else.

EyeballKid said:
You know...blah,blah,useless drivel...

I'm going to sum up EVERYTHING you have said/contributed in this thread in a few words (which you could've done in the first place to save yourself a lot of time)

"I don't like Dream Theater"

You disliked the video before you even watched it so why bother? The only things worse than blind fanboys are people like you who feel that it is your god given duty to start shit-slinging at every opportunity rather than just moving on to something else.

LMAO...truth to the Nth degree. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regardless of whether you think that SC was well written/executed or not, I think you have to respect DT for putting out an album that is significantly different than their others, but it's similar enough to please all the DT fanboys out there (well, it didn't, but it should.) It's tempting for bands to stick to one style after it works, but I really like to see bands branch out, but stick to their guns for at least SOME of the album. So I think that if nothing else, they accomplished this on SC, and all their previous releases IMO.

Regardless of whether you think that SC was well written/executed or not, I think you have to respect DT for putting out an album that is significantly different than their others, but it's similar enough to please all the DT fanboys out there (well, it didn't, but it should.) It's tempting for bands to stick to one style after it works, but I really like to see bands branch out, but stick to their guns for at least SOME of the album. So I think that if nothing else, they accomplished this on SC, and all their previous releases IMO.

nourrong.

Nah, you're alright. :)

I hate this thread. Jax, PLEASE lock it oh God seriously guys, you're all actually ruining DT for me. Half of you come to this thread to bitch and complain, the other half fanboy. ffs it's been like 46 pages of you all saying the same damn thing

Without having even seen the DVD, I'm fairly positive that it contains the following:

- An introduction by Mike Portnoy
- James LaBrie entering the studio in sunglasses
- Some shots of Portnoy setting up his drums
- Petrucci playing a solo that could melt the sun
- Some shots of Portnoy playing drums
- A shot of the sun melting
- Portnoy drumming
- Petrucci and Portnoy sitting in a room fully of Muse, U2, Metallica, Megadeth, and Tool albums, taking notes.
- Portnoy rearranging his drumkit
- Myung about to speak
- Portnoy hitting a cymbal
- LaBrie coughing in the vocal booth
- Portnoy playing a ridiculous drum solo, on only his wood blocks
- A 2 second shot of Ruddess
- Portnoy doing a drum roll
- Petrucci scanning a page of Joe Satriani's "The Extremist" tab book through a copy machine
- Portnoy playing to a click track and then stopping to tell the sound engineer that the click track is "off"
- Petrucci and Portnoy gleaming maniacally as they polish their cauldron of cash

If you feel this is worth your $5, by all means, go forth and repurchase! :loco:

:lol:

You're not far off!

Status
Not open for further replies.