The Official Good Television Thread

got-lulz-jeopardy.jpg

... he truly knows nothing.

I thought the last episode was the season finale, but apparently there's more. I wonder if next season they're going to do a whole new cast
I've heard it's likely they do this, with maybe a cameo or two. Some have suggested the briefcase of cash in the snow will link together the seasons. Just watched this week's episode. It's really good stuff. Wish they stretched it to 13 like so many other series. There definitely doesn't feel like there's enough time for a resolution for everyone, even with 90 minutes.

Anyone end up watching The Bridge? Wondering if it's worth catching up.

wish I could afford the twin peaks set. looks awesome.

Any thoughts on The Strain? It's nice to see a good alien/vampire thing and not be glittery or a pussy. Still not quite sure what to make of the show overall.

wish I could afford the twin peaks set. looks awesome.

Any thoughts on The Strain? It's nice to see a good alien/vampire thing and not be glittery or a pussy. Still not quite sure what to make of the show overall.

I watched the first three episodes. I like the horror parts and the whole thing with airplane was fucking cool, but of course the entire story is stupid and pretty much doesn't make sense. Also please fucking drop the entire "divorce/son" storyline, it's completely fucking unnecessary.

Overally I'd say 3/5 so far, but if more fantasy/family bullshit offends me in the future episodes than I'll go for 2/5 and stop watching.

I think The Strain is a lot better than the advertisements made it look. I agree that there is stupidity abound but there's a chance it can really build into something worthwhile.

Yea, the Strain isnt bad, aside from the craptastic acting and a few laughable scenes, like F dodging the crap that came out of the pilots mouth.

Oh, and there is no such thing as an "Armenian holocaust survivor". Just as there is no such thing as an Armenian jew ... did the guy that wrote the book not look into these kinds of things before putting his fucking pen to paper?

Just watched it now, pretty cool show. Can't wait for Bohannon to get revenge on the Swede!

Every time i see the Swede in his new "stolen identity" i just bust out laughing. The look on his face when Bohannon said he had a vision of leaving was priceless. :lol:

"The late Thor Gundersen was Norwegian!!"

"WHERE ARE YOU EZZrA? EHH? I'LL FIND YOU EZRA! EEH?" :lol:

edit: I also caught the first episode of TURN yesterday ... very solid. I'm only an episode in, but this is far better than most of the other crap that came out this year.

Oh and i caught 2 episodes of Tyrant ... wow was that bad, like ray donovan bad. Absolute garbage, i dont know how the fuck something like that even made it to television.

Watching the third series of Braquo, a french police-crime series. Still really good, the russian mafia are coming into play now.

Another good series is Les Revenants (also french), where the dead are coming back to life in a small french town. It's not a zombie story, much more creepy and subtle.

Apparently there's going to be an american remake too (not that I'm interested - why not watch the original, which is usually better. Is it the subtitles that's the issue?)

Anyone watching The Leftovers?

It's weird, I just watched 6 episodes over the last week and I still don't know if I like it. I'm still not sure what kind of show it wants to be ...

I was really impressed with the pilot, but now I'm 4 or 5 episodes in and I too am unsure how I feel. I'm sure it has to do with one of the creators of 'Lost' being involved, always creating possibilities and less certainties... I'll stick with it though.

Anyone watching The Leftovers?

It's weird, I just watched 6 episodes over the last week and I still don't know if I like it. I'm still not sure what kind of show it wants to be ...

I was really impressed with the pilot, but now I'm 4 or 5 episodes in and I too am unsure how I feel. I'm sure it has to do with one of the creators of 'Lost' being involved, always creating possibilities and less certainties... I'll stick with it though.

It wants to be a depressingly serious show, and it's basically achieved that so far. Lots of the complaints have to do with the fact that people find the show bleak and upsetting; well obviously that's the point! So if you aren't into that, then don't watch it (not saying this about either of you, just commenting on what I've read in reviews/responses).

I'm enjoying the show a lot. I think it's well-acted, hopeless (in tone), and the air of mystery surrounding the event and its cult inspirations is excellent. I actually know a bit more about the narrative because my wife read the book; but it is veering significantly from the plot of the novel.

My favorite element conceptually is the show's severe mistrust of the institution of family. It's heartbreaking to watch, and to imagine, a family falling apart; but it's absolutely terrifying to consider the possibility that those bonds never existed to begin with.