The Official Good Television Thread

Is the aim of the show for us now to sympathize with Cersei's rise back to power?

What's the spoilers on Arya's story? Sansa jumps 15 stories and is going to live and repopulate with the neutered Reek?

Ughhh this show is weird in its direction that I don't understand why I would want to keep coming back. The Danerys thing looks weird too, another season where she does nothing but sit around while we all wait for the inevitable war to come.

I'm honestly not surprised by what happened last night at the end. However, kudos to Theon/Reek for at least having a metaphorical set of balls

I don't wanna throw spoilers, but I'm pretty sure the Red Lady is gonna pull some crazy god of light magic to resurrect that one dude, considering that's where she took off to.

Also, D gets her Dothraki army back. That or they pass her around because nobody liked Drogo except women.

Anyways, are the books and show about neck to neck now? I've been holding off so one wouldn't spoil the other.

Spoilers.

Yeah that last scene was the most underwhelming because Melisandre is just gonna work her thang. Gotta say the 10 minutes of boobs was my favorite part of the finale. I was amazed at the amount of street sets they have. Or are those actual streets in a European country considering they film a lot in Croatia?

Oh and theres no way Sansa and Reek survived that jump. I thought it was implied that they committed suicide.

They used a body double for that walk of shame scene. Those aren't Lena Headey's boobs (cf. sex scene in 300).

Pretty obvious that Mel conveniently arrived at Castle Black to revive Jon next season.

They used a body double for that walk of shame scene. Those aren't Lena Headey's boobs (cf. sex scene in 300).

Pretty obvious that Mel conveniently arrived at Castle Black to revive Jon next season.

Mel Gibson?
That's what GoT needs - some Mel Gibson.

and Kevin Costner
Awesome as Robin Hood in that movie.
So he's got that sword and bow down already.
Kevin Costner would kick ass in real GoT!

SPOILER

I dont like how they made Stannis burn his daughter in the show for the sake of shock value. I know it juiced up the story a little bit but yeah, not cool.

edit: but yeah Stannis' scenes where the highlight for me from a very strong overall season finale... probably the strongest season finale they've had so far. But i'm not sure how i feel about them killing of when of the best characters of the series/story imo.

SPOILER

I dont like how they made Stannis burn his daughter in the show for the sake of shock value. I know it juiced up the story a little bit but yeah, not cool.

edit: but yeah Stannis' scenes where the highlight for me from a very strong overall season finale... probably the strongest season finale they've had so far. But i'm not sure how i feel about them killing of when of the best characters of the series/story imo.

Yeah I was kind of hoping they would drag Stannis out a bit longer. Sacrifices his daughter. Sees his wife hung. I was hoping for a bit more desperation before the sudden realization that Melissandre is batshit insane and made him kill his daughter

... yup, havent read the books but that's exactly what i've heard. Also some stuff about Ramsay claiming to have killed him or something.

Melissandre is batshit insane and made him kill his daughter

Yea man, what a scheming cunt she is. Now she's off to the next person that has "kingsblood" to pull her shit off on them.

Can someone explain to me how she ended up having a horse when showing up at Castle Black when the sellswords had took off with all of them?

The whole burning Shireen and wife hanging thing did kind of make his death somewhat sweet and kind of made all of us and himself (considering how righteous he was) all of us realize that it was his time to go. He was my favorite character of the series, and boy can Stephen Dillane act. His scenes were always op notch.

My roommate told me his theory that with news of J's death that he is going to finally merge with his direwolf, since Starks = Wolves (ice) and Targaryan = Dragons (fire). If anyone remembers the prologue to A Dance With Dragons, it starts with how people can become wargs and such. Makes a lot of sense to me, but it looks like the show is going to just resurrect J or whatever. Perhaps J becomes some sort of Dragon Warg since he (probably) has such an interesting bloodline.

Anyways, I started watching True Detective and I can't fucking stop. Brilliant show.

I've been watching Star Trek Continues and this shit really is the best fan-made Star Trek series out there. It actually feels like episodes of TOS. This shit really SHOULD be on TV.

MMA tonight on Spike. Kimbo Slice vs Ken Shamrock. Can't wait for this shit.