The Official Good Television Thread

I'm watching A.D.: The Bible Continues. Probably not worth anyone's time, but I'm watching it out of scholarly curiosity to see how the media is influencing public conceptions of the biblical world.

And they're doing a terrible job at it. The acting and dialogue is mediocre, and the plot is essentially a mix of whole-cloth stories from the Gospels/Acts of the Apostles with a painfully fabricated historical narrative that claims that the first Christians immediately clashed with imperial Rome. That didn't happen at all, not until the reign of Nero, at least. The emperor Tiberius NEVER visited Jerusalem late in his reign, nor was Caligula batshit crazy until a year or so into his reign.

What keeps me watching is the gratification that historical fiction tends to offer me. Just remember that it's nearly all bullshit if you watch it.

I just tried watching the first episode of Happyish.

I love Steve Coogan but I had to give up after 5 minutes. Reviews were average to bad and that opening was fucking shitty.

ive been rly liking BROAD CITY recently but it might be too hipster for this board?
It had some jokes, but I found most of the show to be so niche. It's just so New York, and so Jewish, and so Millenial, and so specific to this set of privileged experiences that I get annoyed with it. Quit after a few episodes. I did dig that part where the one chick has sex with Maebe from AD.

Finally got around to catching up on the last few episodes of Orphan Black.

Interesting way to handle things. Really excited for season 4.

Finally jumped on the new OITNB, still waiting to see the chick everyone's going nuts over. Looked up pics and yeah she's cute but she better have mad game to enter the realm of ' would go gay for'.

Meanwhile Pennsatucky proving herself an entrepreneur... Officially my new favorite character.

And Big Boo continues to be an annoying dyke.