The Official Good Television Thread

No shit, I didn't expect that.

That final scene was pretty creepy, maybe it's going in that path again.

The timeline from the first episode is messing me up though. Wasn't McAdams banging Kitsch? Was that the future or is she just so distant emotionally?

The guy she was banging in the first episode? It wasn't Kitsch. I got the impression it was some lawyer dude she knew. There's also a theory that Kitsch's character is in the closet. In the first episode he has to take a viagara to get his dick up. Then in last night's episode he's talking about almost "clocking some fag" but then staring at male prostitutes from the hotel balcony later.

Oh it wasn't? I thought it was, might have to watch that again.

Don't really get why the gay angle means anything though, yet of course.

i'm very tempted to watch the second season of True Detective but one episode per week is such a cunting way to watch a show.

re-watched Peep Show. it's a must watch if you have any social anxiety as you cringe while laughing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wag the Dog was great fun. It's far better then The West Wing, put it that way, haha.

Kieslowski's Red wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be, I actually think I like White the most, because the story was more continuous, but I suspect a lot more will be absorbed with these films the second time round. Cool trilogy anyway, great film making. It's a shame his style isn't mimicked in other genres of film.

xHGbPnr.jpg

i was wondering why bran wasnt in season 5 at all. last we saw him he was with the tree elf guy.

granted, ive only read book 1, so.....

im about halfway through the first season of Heroes. really good stuff here.

So I exercised my imperium and created a TD thread for all you guys since it's dominated this thread so long. Carry on.

As for this thread, please recommend me more pre-modern period dramas. So far I've seen and enjoyed:

Rome
I, Claudius
The Borgias
The Tudors
Marco Polo
Spartacus
Vikings

So I exercised my imperium and created a TD thread for all you guys since it's dominated this thread so long. Carry on.

As for this thread, please recommend me more pre-modern period dramas. So far I've seen and enjoyed:

Rome
I, Claudius
The Borgias
The Tudors
Marco Polo
Spartacus
Vikings

you've probably seen it but deadwood is generally considered the best of these, and i personally consider it maybe the best tv show ever made.