The Official Good Television Thread

All your criticism against Family Guy is justified. In the latest season, the show has become a lot more fragmented too as there are far more of those flashback scenes(like at that time when I was on X during Y doing Z, blah blah), and it does get pretty annoying to watch when it switches back and forth all the time. Still, not enough to put me off of it.

Law and Order is played more than CSI. I can guarantee that.

Not a chance, at least on my cable. CSI is always shown back to back, and often there are CSI-marathons. It's basically played throughout the entire day, and for sure it's on more than a few different channels.

And with Family Guy, I've been a fan of that show since it first came out. There used to be more to their show in a way - it may not have been as "lol" funny, but there was a bit more substance to the show. I started noticing a bit of a decline in the first few episodes of the third season before they were taken off the air, then when it returned successfully they took forth a more formulaic approach and relied a lot more on random humour and such.

How much of it have you seen? I thought the seasons all concluded really well, much more realistic than the typical "everything wrapped up in a nice neat little package" endings that lesser shows love to dish out.

First 2 seasons, first 2 episodes of the third, and I'll be watching the next couple later today. I think it tries too hard. It's all like "this is life, people are assholes and the bad guys don't always lose," but it just winds up with unlikeable characters and unsatisfying conclusions. It's the middle part that's worth watching. Or something like that. Omar is cool, though.

Just watched the season finale of Lost... Holy shit. It was climatic beyond all reason. I honestly have no idea what Season 5 will be about.

I think its pretty clear.

SPOILER BECAUSE IM CKEWL

them getting back to the island and what happened on the island for those who stayed?

That's just part of it, and in addition, how are they gonna go about doing that and what will have happened to them?

First 2 seasons, first 2 episodes of the third, and I'll be watching the next couple later today. I think it tries too hard. It's all like "this is life, people are assholes and the bad guys don't always lose," but it just winds up with unlikeable characters and unsatisfying conclusions. It's the middle part that's worth watching. Or something like that. Omar is cool, though.

The conclusions are only unsatisfying if you're hoping for the same old happy endings tbh. And the character development in the show is second to none imo. Why do you find them unlikable? Because they fuck up?

The conclusions are only unsatisfying if you're hoping for the same old happy endings tbh. And the character development in the show is second to none imo. Why do you find them unlikable? Because they fuck up?

No, at first I just felt like the writers went out of their way to make the show gritty and wound up overdoing it. I'm in the middle of season 3 though and it's definitely gotten better. As far as character development, I've been watching Joss Whedon's various shows for the last couple months so the writers of the wire are pretty much fucked from the get-go.