The Official Good Television Thread

Anyone here who hasn't completely abandoned all hope for Doctor Who? I really like Capaldi and wish he got better writers. New season starts in a month.

Really? I thought the FTWD pilot was crap. The parents weren't freaked out by their junkie son shooting a guy? They weren't freaked out by said guy re-animating? The junkie in the church behind the door had the right reaction. I'll give it another few episodes

They're used to the junkie son doing crazy shit, so they weren't surprised that he shot somebody. They didn't know what the fuck was going on with the guy re-animating, so they reacted accordingly.

Tyrant has been great. The first season was a knock-out. Judging from the first episode of the second season, I was concerned, but it, too, has turned out to be great - perhaps better than the first. I can't wait for the finale next week.

I imagine it'll be popular, but kinda crappy and massively historically inaccurate.

I have slightly higher hopes The Last Kingdom.

Couldn't remember the name of the above to start with and came across this whilst searching for it

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else watching Narcos? I saw the first episode and loved it, could be the best Netflix original yet.

EDIT: Four episodes in and it still owns, I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

Honestly can't say. It's just a really well-executed, morally ambiguous series about Escobar and the DEA agents working to bring him down. You should be able to tell from the first episode if it's your thing.

Ugh that description is too neutral. It's savage drug war with psychotic cartels on one side and pissed off vengeful DEA/cops on the other. Some real heroes too especially the Colombian politicians who stand up to Escobar at significant assassination risk. I don't know enough about the topic to say how accurate it is but it's a blast to watch, crazy shit happening nearly every episode, great production values. One of those few shows that feels more like a long movie than a TV series.