The Official Good Television Thread

trailer for the new season of Fargo

I thought the first season was absolutely fucking brilliant. I actually preferred the writing in Fargo over True Detective. This season is a prequel to Season 1. Looking forward to it...

Last edited by a moderator:
:| they added TV shows to criticker (well, they've launched it anyway.... early stages), finally i can get some reliable TV recs

I made an account but everything I wanted to rate was in preview mode. It's cool though, don't think there is a good site for TV rating.

Just started Mr. Robot, concept sounded totally unappealing to me but so many people are raving about it I guess I have to give it a shot. Seems OK so far.

Update on Treme - halfway through season 3

Love it. Didn't like the whole indian thing at start, but it grew on me. It's focused on characters rather than on the case like in Wire. Still lots of politics. I kinda miss John Goodman, but what happened to him was good for the show I guess. Slightly disappointed by the music, I expected more jazz and less jazz influenced R&B, brass bands and rap.

But that was kinda balanced by mentioning Goatwhore and Eyehategod cameo. How can you not love a show that has an Eyehategod show in it?

I made an account but everything I wanted to rate was in preview mode. It's cool though, don't think there is a good site for TV rating.

yeah, i'm keeping an eye on the database for new stuff getting added.

kinda hard to rate tv shows as a whole when seasons often vary so wildly in quality though.

Binged Mr. Robot over the weekend. It was a good watch, wouldn't say I loved it but it was hard to stop watching. Last two eps were a bit strange... I have no idea where they're going with the show right now. I liked the visual style, I dunno why but I found the bizarre framing very aesthetically pleasing. Patrick Bateman's my favorite character, every scene with him is a riot. Yeah it's a fun show.

Can someone tell me why the fuck are post-credits scenes becoming a thing. Fuck that shit. This season ended with a stupendously important one that I completely missed at first.

Really digging the shit out of Deadwood finally. Granted, bullock and jane are both shitty actors and shitty characters, and I'm getting pretty bored of the word 'cocksucker'. But totally legit show nonetheless. Love the doc. Some might say he seems mousy, but he always looks so pissed off I just imagine him being annoyed by everyone there impeding his fucking job. Man just wants to heal the people and drink on weekends.

jane is fantastic. bullock's kinda one-note i guess, i prefer olyphant in JUSTIFIED. he's not got much range but has insane amounts of charisma, could become a big star if they cast him right.

Bullock and Jane are both great. The only character that ever really bothered me was Alma. And maybe Bullock's son.

The new episode of Review was amazing. You're seriously fucking up if you aren't watching this show. Can't wait for the new season of Nathan for You next month.

You seen the original Australian show?

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfect example of why I don't like him is early in the show, when the 'Sioux' massacred that family. He insisted the man who returned to tell the tale come along on the search party. Now granted it turns out the dude sucked, but how would he know that? Guy just saw a massacre, blood everywhere, why can't he chill out with a drink? You could say bullock had a sixth sense about it but he was a bit of a dick right off the bat.

I also don't like how he goes from stern law man personality to indifference to obnoxiously angry. Don't get me wrong, I loved Wild Bill too, man. But there's just too many personalities going on with that dude.

Never seen Olyphant in anything else. Different strokes different folks, idk. Haven't finished season 2, maybe I'll change my tune.

you should watch JUSTIFIED just because it's a great show (he isn't the best thing about it), but he's very different in that, almost a polar opposite character in some ways although he still has anger management issues haha. that's the show where i'd stay he has magnetic star quality, though he's not a great actor or anything.

tbf i think bullock is intended to be a dick so it's not like that can be held against the show. you're not supposed to like him. fair enough that you don't like his arc though, it isn't my favourite thing about DEADWOOD for sure.

I did really like this song by Gangstagrass that was apparently in Justified. I'll keep it on my list of shit to watch for sure, been meaning to.