The Official Good Television Thread

... yea i was kind of looking forward to that one too but no more cable/satellite for me in the foreseeable future. :(

For TB I'd say Daredevil or Narcos

Finished up episode 3 of Narcos yesterday. Very solid. The gringo DEA gato will be avenged! :lol:

House of Cards

I might just leave that one for last since its already like what, 3 seasons in?

What's the verdict here on Marco Polo?

I gave up on Marco Polo after the first episode too. I imagine it would appeal to fans of Bastard Executioner though.

Daredevil and Narcos are both great. I like the first two seasons of House of Cards but the third was a bit crap. I don't even remember what happened or why I finished it.

Seasons 1 and 7 are my favorite. 1 is the most crude and the actors had the youthful energy going on, and 7 is just so ridiculous and over-the-top. I won't spoil any of it, but you'll enjoy it.

4 also has some top-quality episodes. All in all though it's one of my favorite shows, so I could watch seasons 1-9 multiple times over and never get bored of it. The pinnacle of Canadian television.

The shit abyss.

Just rewatched Conky.

"Ohhhhhhh myyyy Julian... my handsome Patrick Swayze Julian you were so FUCKIN sexy in Roadhouse, FUCKIN Dirty Dancing." :lol:

Almost done with the King Piccolo saga.

KbMbr2a.jpg

Picking a favourite season of TPB is very hard but for some reason season 5 stands out for me. Something about the boys basically living out of tents and trying to get back on their feet was an interesting story. I loved every episode in season 5, and all the dumb storyarcs. The whole Winds of Shit school drug dealer thing kills me every time.

There are so many great episodes sprinkled through every season though so every time I think of a great episode it makes me realize how hard of a choice this actually is. A lot of people didn't care for season 7 but I loved it. I didn't like how far they took conky in the final episodes but everything else was great.

Seasons 8 and 9 are... Well I enjoy watching the boys in general so even when a season is clearly subpar/over the top I can still be entertained by it. Season 9 is still the worst though.

Just thinking about TPB makes me want to crack a beer and watch a season after work... :lol:. I will never get tired of it I don't think.

Anybody else watch Heroes: Reborn?

Except for the weird stuff with the Japanese chick in the video game, I thought that it was a good episode.

I have been a bit weary of watching it, if not curious. I really liked Heroes, even when it got kinda bad, but I am skeptical about how well they can tell a new story. Heroes hooked me because the first season was really great and from there the cast carried the show when the writing got convoluted. I don't know if I will still like it with new people unless it is well told (something the original writers lost after season 1).

I am also wondering how they can just omit seriously heavy hitters like Sylar/Peter Petrelli/Matt Parkman without killing them, and frankly killing someone as important and powerful as Sylar off-screen would be so cheap. I guess it's a big world so you can skip past them, but Noah Bennet is kind of a magnet to "Specials" or whatever they are referred to.

At least Hiro, Noah and the Haitian are back. I will probably check it once the whole season is out and I can watch it all at once.

Picking a favourite season of TPB is very hard but for some reason season 5 stands out for me. Something about the boys basically living out of tents and trying to get back on their feet was an interesting story. I loved every episode in season 5, and all the dumb storyarcs. The whole Winds of Shit school drug dealer thing kills me every time.

There are so many great episodes sprinkled through every season though so every time I think of a great episode it makes me realize how hard of a choice this actually is. A lot of people didn't care for season 7 but I loved it. I didn't like how far they took conky in the final episodes but everything else was great.

Seasons 8 and 9 are... Well I enjoy watching the boys in general so even when a season is clearly subpar/over the top I can still be entertained by it. Season 9 is still the worst though.

Just thinking about TPB makes me want to crack a beer and watch a season after work... :lol:. I will never get tired of it I don't think.

Nice! :kickass: my favorites would probably have to be seasons 3-5. Quick question. Is there a particular viewing order for the series? I finished up season 7 and Say Goodbye to the Bad Guys, but netflix doesnt have Countdown to Liquor Day up. Should i jsut get started on S8?

---------------

Watched a few episodes of The Blacklist, don't know what to really think of it just yet but so far its been pretty meh. How the fuck did that chick land a leading role? Shes a fuckin' horrific actress. Very bangable though.