The Official Good Television Thread

Well there is a Christmas special called "Dear Santa Clause... Go Fuck Yourself" that is a prequel to the whole series and is really funny. You get to see J-Roc when he is still white as hell (and the sound effect that makes him get into the rap game), you see sober Lahey when he is still with Barb and even how Randy comes to be part of the Trailer Park and hooks up with Lahey. Say Goodnight To The Bad Guys is a follow up to Season 7 and was meant to kind of close the series, but those are both specials and they both tie directly into the series.

The movies themselves are just side-adventures that have little impact on the series. Personally the only movie I really liked was Don't Legalize It (the newest one) because it keeps the feel of the show while still being a bit bigger. The Big Dirty kind of sucks, and Countdown to Liqour day is decent but not amazing.

Binged through the first six episodes of Veronica Mars on Amazon Prime last night. Really enjoyed it! Heard the quality takes a pretty big hit later in the series but the first season is generally regarded as quite good.

The pilot is probably representative enough of the show if anyone is curious.

This season of Ray Donovan sucked. Finale felt like it was three hours long. Why'd the writers suddenly decide they didn't give a shit about this season's arc and devote the whole finale to pointless family drama? Have they been taking cues from Sons of Anarchy?

I thought they had some kind of plan, but this shit's getting so fucking circular it's like watching a TV adaptation of Groundhog Day. Predictions for season 4: Mickey will start some kind of criminal enterprise, Daryll will assist him for no fucking reason, and it will ultimately have consequences for one or more of Mickey's sons. Some new villain will show up and be disposed of without accomplishing anything. Etc.

Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of the finale. The Bridget storyline was completely retarded too. I liked the season overall, though.

Binged through the first six episodes of Veronica Mars on Amazon Prime last night. Really enjoyed it! Heard the quality takes a pretty big hit later in the series but the first season is generally regarded as quite good.

The pilot is probably representative enough of the show if anyone is curious.

first season is great.

Fear the Walking Dead is total shit.

Bob's Burgers is pretty damn good. the dude that voices archer is Bob. one of his teenage daughters has a man voice and is a total weirdo and fucking hilarious. season's 1-4 are on netflix

so the final scene of Fear the Walking Dead took place in my hometown (San Pedro) where I would go to ditch class in high school ("Sunken City"), so that's kind of cool. The show was slow to start, but the last episode was pretty darn good other than the really fucked up uh "escape" plan

I think Fear of the Walking Dead is as good as most of TWD, but I never thought that was really great anyway.

Two (somewhat related) things that bug me in both of them are that people do such stupid shit all the time, and that people constantly lose to the zombies, which are weak and slow as fuck. In reality as soon as something like this got bad in a country like the US or UK the army would roll through and annihilate them. The notion that they could overrun guys with machine guns, tanks and aircraft is absurd. Militias armed with axes and crowbars would be fine. You'd have wild animals fucking zombies up everywhere.

iZombie is shockingly a really good show. S2 started tonight and they introduced some really good plot threads for the season. Would definitely recommend to Veronica Mars fans, with the same showrunner and all.

Also really enjoying You're The Worst in S2. Fun show.

You're The Worst is probably the best current sitcom. I really enjoy the idea, era of baddies is not over. And I really need to catch up on iZombie, I've been avoiding it because it's on CW, but I've heard so many people saying it's great.

First episode of The Leftovers was fucking awesome. I don't have any commentary or anything, just the way it was shot, the opening sequence, the impetus for this season's action, the tension, the weird fucking rituals that have taken hold...

I really like this show. The atmosphere is incredible.

First episode of The Leftovers was fucking awesome. I don't have any commentary or anything, just the way it was shot, the opening sequence, the impetus for this season's action, the tension, the weird fucking rituals that have taken hold...

I really like this show. The atmosphere is incredible.

Ah, cheers for the heads up. Was just recommending the first season to friends last night.

I keep hearing so much praise for The Leftovers from credible people and I don't know how to reconcile it with Lindelof being a hack. Maybe I just have to watch the damn thing.