The Official Good Television Thread

tbf i think bullock is intended to be a dick so it's not like that can be held against the show.

I always figured that was true of most of the characters. I like him being an angry dickhead, although I do prefer him in Justified. I live in hope that one day we'll get a Wynn Duffy spin off of Better Call Saul quality.

I'm aware of it, but have been putting it off ever since I started watching the American version. I need to change that.

I think it's great. It's darker and less 'obviously' funny than the American version so I can imagine that some that like the remake won't enjoy it so much and vice versa. A bit like the difference between the UK and US versions of The Office.

I always figured that was true of most of the characters. I like him being an angry dickhead, although I do prefer him in Justified. I live in hope that one day we'll get a Wynn Duffy spin off of Better Call Saul quality.

hell fucking yes. i'd take wynn duffy over saul any day of the week.

Not everything is in HD. For instance, X Files was only recently put up in HD. It could also be your internet connection...with mine it takes a minute or two for the picture to clear up

Yeah im pretty sure it's my connection. Im still using a DSL that only gets me about 3-4mbps :(. I switched over to my neighbors connection and it's much better. Display says it's running in 1080 SD. WTF is 1080 SD??

Also, im guessing most of the series like Trailer Park Boys arent in high def, right? Even thought it says HD next to the series title?

who's your favorite character? I'm guessing tommy wheeler

Mathiäs;11052695 said:
Every single show ever made is available on thar interweb for free. I'll never pay for netflix.

Same can be said for a lot of other shit that you can get for "free" on the internet. I'm pretty much a videophile, so i rarely watch anything on my computer/on the web. Blu-Rays are where its at.

Oh and the first 30 days of netflix is free, son.

Mathiäs;11052695 said:
Every single show ever made is available on thar interweb for free. I'll never pay for netflix.

I bet you wouldn't make this argument when it comes to music so why is it different with television shows or movies?

I am honestly more curious about how much Netflix pays to have these shows online. Didn't Hulu pay like 60mil for Seinfeld? Chrrrrrist.

11789018.jpg

just finished up with S2. Solid crime drama. Recommended.

edit: all these badass Netflix originals, i dont know which one to watch next. I have Daredevil, Marco Polo, House of Cards and Narcos on my to watch list.

I've heard some great things about that Daredevil show. Will get on that.

Also, I don't have tv so Netflix is literally life for me. However, I do download the majority of movies on kickass torrents so I do get that argument. I've watched game of thrones and the walking dead through online streaming. The Internet is glorious.

Edit: I'm not sure if I posted about this before but if anyone is looking for an awesome show to watch on Netflix A Young Doctor's Notebook and Other Stories with Jon Hamm and Daniel Radcliffe is this really cool (and sorta gothy but in a good way) dark comedy. The episodes are like under 30 minutes so really easy to get through too.

Bastard executioner tonight. Anyone gonna watch?

I did watch and thought it was real good with the premier setting things up nicely. This show has a real potential to take off, there seems to be a mystical vibe with many things to unfold...not the typical Rebel vs the Throne. Thing that struck me was the brutality leveled to the innocent in the village (revenge ignited) and not anything to do with the actual executioners brutality thus far. Leave it to Sutter for pushing the limit on network TV. I'll watch anything he touches!