The Official Good Television Thread

Watching a show that most likely Australians will only ever get to see called Kebab Kings on SBS about a couple of Turkish family owned businesses in the Melbourne and Sydney CBDs. They get a lot of drunk people in and film them with hidden cameras, these places are obviously institutions and pretty famous for their kebabs. These Turkish businesses really look after their customers, awesome show.
I watched the first episode. The story about the Sydney kebab place looked pretty interesting. The Melbourne one is right around the corner from my house. The story that went along with that one seemed pretty boring. Multiculturalism yawn. Also everyone I know goes to the better place across the road.

I ended up liking those Turkish people that ran the one in Sydney, they were kind and good to the homeless. Some of those drunk people will hate seeing themselves on there, I'll try and watch that again for sure. Can't beat a good kebab or souvlaki at 3am.

Reactions: Satanstoenail
So, just watched the latest Fargo episode. I like the X-files angle, didn't expect that...
They've been hinting at that shit all season although I guess it was the first time they were confirmed to be real.
They only seem to show up after a bunch of murders.

started watching Fargo Season 2. holy shit what a jump in quality compared to the first season! i still have two episodes to watch to catch up an have no idea how the ufo shit ties in but this quality TV

I'm curious as to how you feel about the show over the past few years. I think it's slightly declined from the near perfect of series 2-5, but stayed incredibly strong through the end.

i wasn't very good at keeping up with it on an ep by ep basis, i was kind of dipping in and out after the first 4 seasons or so, which might've affected my response to it. i got the same impression though, i saw the odd outstanding episode more recently but it didn't seem quite on the same level. it probably kept up a higher standard than most shows do in a 7 season run though, great to hear they ended it well! best british series of the 21st century so far probably.

limmy's show is now on netflix and you should all watch it. best sketch show on tv. you'll need to parse some thick scottish accents or stick subs on though lol

Limmy is great. Watched a long interview with him and Richard Herring the other day.

The final series of Peep Show was one of the weaker ones but I think they managed to improve on the previous series and it seemed like the right kind of ending. Even at its worst Peep Show was entertaining. Somewhat optimistic for whatever sitcom appears next on Channel 4 given the quality of Catastrophe and Toast.

So the guy in my avatar has had me laughing and watching reruns since the first time it aired. Havent been as entertained by some dumbass show on late night since Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. It's Neon Joe: Werewolf Hunter. 5 episodes long. Its pretty purposely absurd and self aware of its goofiness but its actually funny and has some recognizable faces. It's basically a parody of all those swamp people reality shows that became trendy while back. (and in one episode a parody of Misery) Did I mention it has dick jokes? that should sell most of you guys right?

The US one is great but I think it only wins out if you factor in there being 20 times as much of it.

The guy that played Gareth has made a really good 'dramedy' for the BBC called Detectorists which has just finished its second series. I don't normally like really light comedy but it's pretty heartwarming, it's shot brilliantly and it provides occasional laughter. Definitely worth checking out.

More British comedy awesomeness.

David Amess, the MP you can see there, has been made the chair of the 'Psychoactive Substance Bill Committee'. And Rolf Harris is a pedo. Brass Eye predicted everything.

Greatest swears.

i love armando iannucci. the thick of it, brass eye, on the hour, the day today, time trumpet... all of that shit rules hard. chris morris' JAM is also amazing, lynchian 'ambient comedy' ftw.

i probably prefer the US version of THE OFFICE as well but obviously the UK version was more original and influential, for what that's worth. i'm more of an EXTRAS fan where ricky gervais is concerned.