The Official Good Television Thread

TWD has always done that though. Remember season 2? The entire season dedicated to finding a little girl?

I've kinda lost interest. It's pretty well vampire drama at this point.

I liked the last season so I gave this one a chance..clear step down. I can't tell if writers get fired or what, but so inconsistent.

Funny, I bought season 1 and 7 of Tales from the crypt recently. A few days later I was in this video rental store that also sells DVDS and found season 6. Now I just need the others, but I will probably order them online.

My roommate bought me Better Call Saul on DVD cause he knows I'm a huge breaking bad fan. Been binge watching it all day. Can't wait for season 2.

so I'm finally caught up on The Leftovers, and I can firmly say this season blows the previous season out of the water and may be the best thing on tv right now and in quite some time (I say that only because I haven't been watching the new season of Fargo...need to get on that). This past episode, International Assassin, was probably the best "dream" episode of any show. It walked a very Lynchian line with all of the symbolism (interesting to note since Therroux was in Mulholland Drive). Only two episodes left of the season, and it looks BANANAS

Funny, I bought season 1 and 7 of Tales from the crypt recently. A few days later I was in this video rental store that also sells DVDS and found season 6. Now I just need the others, but I will probably order them online.
Nice! I bought all 7 as a set off Amazon and from memory it was pretty fucking expensive. These are the wrong region for Australia as well so I have to play the on my cheap DVD player on AV which sucks a bit.

so I'm finally caught up on The Leftovers, and I can firmly say this season blows the previous season out of the water and may be the best thing on tv right now and in quite some time (I say that only because I haven't been watching the new season of Fargo...need to get on that). This past episode, International Assassin, was probably the best "dream" episode of any show. It walked a very Lynchian line with all of the symbolism (interesting to note since Therroux was in Mulholland Drive). Only two episodes left of the season, and it looks BANANAS
I prefer Fargo. The Leftovers is more original and the production is amazing but Fargo has that Coen brothers appreciation for classic cinema aesthetic charm that I love more than anything really.

Reactions: unknown
The first episode of The Expanse was great. There's one character that felt a little undeveloped (and won't be able to use quite the same language they do in the books because American TV is daft) and a few that don't match up with how I imagined them but that doesn't really bother me. I can definitely see it surpassing BSG as Syfy's best, and the best space based TV series ever.

Hopefully this and Westworld will be enough to get the ball rolling on people making big budget science fiction programmes. There's more than enough comic book and 'medieval' stuff already.

I really wish HBO would promote Westworld as much as they're promoting Vinyl. All we got was the one trailer a few months ago, and that's it

I'd forgotten about Vinyl. I guess Winters, Scorsese and Jagger appeals a bit more to the mainstream than Anthony Hopkins and some robot cowboys. The last news I heard about Westworld was when da media got all crazy over some extras being told they might have to touch each other's dicks.

Just checked out a list of upcoming HBO programmes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_HBO#Future_programming

The Young Pope, The Devil You Know and Watchmen all sound like they could be good.

Eh. So does Lewis and Clark. I assumed that was gonna be some Superman shit when I first glanced over it. Superman can suck a dick.