The Official Good Television Thread

and the best space based TV series ever.

NTsOF.jpg

watched Orphan Black: Seasons 1-2. jesus christ what a stupid show. the first season is dumb but entertaining and season two is terrible. the only good part of season 2 was Alison's story

Downton Abbey: Season 5 - honestly the only reason i watch this show is because if i do ever talk to a woman there is a slight chance she will be familiar with / like this show

Watching 'Almost Royal', this is pretty funny. Pretty much follows the same formula as Ali G except it's about two dumb as fuck British aristocrat kids travelling around America.

When he was back in the hotel again: "motherfuck!"

SPOILERS BELOW

When Kevin got shot, me and the missus for the rest of the episode were like "What about Kevin?!". I knew the girls in the trailer weren't going to blow up the bridge. I was kind of pissed that at the end Kevin and John were bffs after the guy fucking shot him and left him to die.

I have no idea what's going to happen next season.

Last edited:
Also burned through the first season of Dark Matter this weekend. It's on Netflix. Canadian scifi show that was picked up in the states by SyFy. First few episodes reminded me a lot of Firefly but with worse writing. Six people awaken on a space ship with no idea who they are, no memories of their past, or why they're on the ship. Characters were very stereotypical. As the show progressed it got better and I ended up enjoying it but not loving it...enough to make me want to watch a second season, which is coming out next year.

I know the show has been on for awile and I saw some of it awile back, but I finally got around to picking up the first season of Game of Thrones. It's good stuff and there's five disks. So I will have some stuff to watch on and off.

Watching a show that most likely Australians will only ever get to see called Kebab Kings on SBS about a couple of Turkish family owned businesses in the Melbourne and Sydney CBDs. They get a lot of drunk people in and film them with hidden cameras, these places are obviously institutions and pretty famous for their kebabs. These Turkish businesses really look after their customers, awesome show.

Finished season one of Mad Men. It's alright. Kinda boring at times. Took a break from it and started watching this show called Louie. Great fucking show!