The Official Good Television Thread

Sherlock is great stuff. Benjamin Cumberbatch is a great actor. Definitely looking forward to see him a Doctor Strange

Final season of myth busters around the corner... Feeling a little emotional. What a fuckin show. What a momentous program, making science and engineering accessible to every layman, laywoman, and laychild.

May their legacy live on forever. Looking forward to that one last hurrah.

mythbusters-about-the-show-page-image.jpg

Final season of myth busters around the corner... Feeling a little emotional. What a fuckin show. What a momentous program, making science and engineering accessible to every layman, laywoman, and laychild.

May their legacy live on forever. Looking forward to that one last hurrah.

mythbusters-about-the-show-page-image.jpg

The show is so amazing. It had to end at some point though.

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
Finished Making a Murderer last week and really bummed. Also there's an article floating around about the picture of Theresa Hallbock holding her car keys. It shows, in the picture, that she has two keys on her car keys. Only one was found on the Avery property on the same hook, sorta supporting his innocence. People realized the photo had two keys after watching the documentary. A million eyes are better than 4 (his two lawyers who were defending him).

Re-re-watching Vikings. One of my top 5 TV series up there with House and company.

I love King Ecbert's character in particular. One of my favorite villains of all time. Sinister, but not wholly evil. A philosopher king of sorts in obsessing over discovering and utilizing the artifacts and ancient knowledge of the Roman Empire. Charismatic, but blunt. Uses violence, but not dependent upon it. From all appearances, he is fairly just also and not one to completely subjugate his people. Has relationships with people, flirts with women, etc. He's a very believable, well rounded and human villain. Fun to root for too!

tumblr_nkrr916ITp1tdy0nco1_500.gif

Re-re-watching Vikings. One of my top 5 TV series up there with House and company.

I love King Ecbert's character in particular. One of my favorite villains of all time. Sinister, but not wholly evil. A philosopher king of sorts in obsessing over discovering and utilizing the artifacts and ancient knowledge of the Roman Empire. Charismatic, but blunt. Uses violence, but not dependent upon it. From all appearances, he is fairly just also and not one to completely subjugate his people. Has relationships with people, flirts with women, etc. He's a very believable, well rounded and human villain. Fun to root for too!

tumblr_nkrr916ITp1tdy0nco1_500.gif

Man I need to watch this show heard good things, and Katheryn Winnick is in this show and she's one of my celebrity crushes since I first saw her on Bones

Just upgraded my amazon prime to a Starz subscription for one reason.

Ash vs Evil Dead. Two episodes in and it's like an old friend. I'm giddy like a little kid for the first time since I can't remember.

Reactions: CiG
I've only watched the first season of Vikings but while it is good looking I found it pretty stale and predictable. Not impressed at all actually. Is it worth to keep watching or will it be more of the same?

I've only watched the first season of Vikings but while it is good looking I found it pretty stale and predictable. Not impressed at all actually. Is it worth to keep watching or will it be more of the same?

There are definitely some plot twists, betrayal, and thing you think would happen that don't happen. I won't say its the best written show, but it's above average and that combined with the amazing music, production/aesthetics, and strong casting choices it's a great watch.

I haven't re-watched it since I was a kid, but I don't remember it being so heavy on conspiracy theory. I remember it being sort of like the Twilight Zone, just the unexplainable 'real' things that have/can occur. I feel like it's going to be impossible to carry the show on if it's going to stay on this path

There's alot of conspircy in the original show too. Everything about Aliens really and a secret society/group controling the world and New world order and stuff. It is just mixed up with stand alone "monster" episodes with often a lighter theme. If episode 2 is any indication they will probably go with something similar again.

Going to watch the new X-Files episodes tomorrow. The 20 minute 'making of' documentary made it seem promising and I've probably spent more time watching the X-Files than anything else asides Star Trek so I'm looking forward to it.

Insomnia has been real shitty lately and I ended up watching the first episode of Outsiders last night:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4816626/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outsiders_(TV_series)

Decent actors and setting but it's fucking absurd. I imagine it'll appeal to people that get hard over Sons of Anarchy (in part because it has one of the actors) and Vikings though. I'd probably like it more if they just went ahead and made it into a fantasy like Badlands.

I've enjoyed the first series of The Expanse enough that I'm still watching it but there's a few things about it that really bug me. Lots of the dialogue is kinda shitty and I dunno if it's a result of this, or maybe the fact that I've read the books and imagined the characters differently, but some of the delivery (Holden, Naomi, Avasarala, Johnson) is pretty fucking lame. The actors playing Miller (Thomas Jane), Amos (some dude) and Anderson Dawes (Jared Harris) are all doing well so the others probably seem even worse by contrast.

Every episode seems to follow the same formula building towards a 'tense' sequence with irritating, overly dramatic and overly loud music. And there's sound in space. And, because it's Sci-Fi (or SyFy, or whatever) they've totally neutered Avasarala's dialogue, but they throw in enough 'shits' that it comes across like they're trying too hard to make up for it. There should also be some pretty graphic violence later in the season that will undoubtedly not make it in.

But the CGI is fantastic for a TV show and the overall plot should be fine so long as they don't fuck too much with the books. They've done as good a job of recreating the universe (Solar System, anyway) as I can imagine anyone bar HBO doing in a TV show. The second series has been green lit already so hopefully they'll improve on some of this.

Finally picked up the second True Detective series. Pretty good so far but I'm antsy about judging it yet, because I know the last series also took a while to really get going.

(No spoilers please.)