The Official Good Television Thread

It's real. Your opinions on films/television are sometimes outrageously misdirected. GoT isn't the pinnacle of fine writing, and it's fucking fantasy! Why shouldn't we expect time travel?

Well I expanded onto it in a later post..and the show apparently wants to be the HBO version of the Walking Dead. And with how GoT presents itself, the show should focus on writing more since it's characters and their own storylines can take up so much air time over several seasons with minimal change.

Time travel is fine, but it's only apparent when the writers run out of space for a character or plot event to occur, apparently. 1 time traveler in all the lands and apparently Bran has made a bigger impact than Max Von Sydow's entire life in 1 episode. I compared this to magic in the show via Melisandre. 1 magician, 1 time traveler. All for 'good' in the eyes of the viewers, I guess.

We haven't even talked about why those tree people created white walkers, and why they got these bomb ass grenades just lying around. Can Vasquez from Aliens get a nice shoutout?

I know she said it in this episode, but it kind of seems like a shit reason..especially when their only way to die is the valyrian steel or whatever

Well I expanded onto it in a later post..and the show apparently wants to be the HBO version of the Walking Dead. And with how GoT presents itself, the show should focus on writing more since it's characters and their own storylines can take up so much air time over several seasons with minimal change.

Time travel is fine, but it's only apparent when the writers run out of space for a character or plot event to occur, apparently. 1 time traveler in all the lands and apparently Bran has made a bigger impact than Max Von Sydow's entire life in 1 episode. I compared this to magic in the show via Melisandre. 1 magician, 1 time traveler. All for 'good' in the eyes of the viewers, I guess.

We haven't even talked about why those tree people created white walkers, and why they got these bomb ass grenades just lying around. Can Vasquez from Aliens get a nice shoutout?

There are so many problems with this post. First, whether we like it or not, it does not seem like the time travel was something randomly tossed in in 2016, but rather something Martin was planning for since the start. Second, you seem to have selective memory: there was a priest of the Brotherhood without Banners that performed magic in season 3 and there was the Darthraki witch in season Third, as for Bran having a bigger impact than the 3-eyed raven, I don't see how we have sufficient evidence to come to that conclusion.

There are so many problems with this post. First, whether we like it or not, it does not seem like the time travel was something randomly tossed in in 2016, but rather something Martin was planning for since the start. Second, you seem to have selective memory: there was a priest of the Brotherhood without Banners that performed magic in season 3 and there was the Darthraki witch in season Third, as for Bran having a bigger impact than the 3-eyed raven, I don't see how we have sufficient evidence to come to that conclusion.

Darthraki? Is that like a Dothraki Sith lord? That would be quite a crossover.

What did they do? It's not selective memory...that was 3 years ago! Lol

Even if Martin planned it from his beginning, it does seem very random. We don't know what the three eyed Raven has done not even be rumored to have done.

What did they do? It's not selective memory...that was 3 years ago! Lol

The witch killed Khal Drogo and Dany's baby. More significantly, priest from the Brotherhood without Bannners repeatedly brought a man back from the dead via the Lord of Light.

Even if Martin planned it from his beginning, it does seem very random. We don't know what the three eyed Raven has done not even be rumored to have done.

Lack of knowledge doesn't demonstrate knowledge of lack. Therefore, there's no justification for saying that Bran did more in one episode than the Three Eyes Raven did in his entire life.

Two days and fifteen years ago, the final episode of Star Trek: Voyager, "Endgame", aired. I remember like it was yesterday. I was so amped. And it did not disappoint.

Well, it's something they could bring back at any moment. I think Pizzolatto has said he wants to take his time with s03 after the backlash for s02 (which I personally thought was still pretty damn good).

In more uplifting news, The Americans has been renewed for two more seasons, which will be its last. I'm really glad that the best show on television right now is getting to continue despite its low ratings, and that the writers get to know the end date well in advance.

Well, it's something they could bring back at any moment. I think Pizzolatto has said he wants to take his time with s03 after the backlash for s02 (which I personally thought was still pretty damn good).
Will they give him the chance to do it by himself again? I couldn't watch the second season.

In more uplifting news, The Americans has been renewed for two more seasons, which will be its last. I'm really glad that the best show on television right now is getting to continue despite its low ratings, and that the writers get to know the end date well in advance.
I heard the head of FX is funding the show himself because he loves it so much and doesn't give a fuck how low it rates.

Will they give him the chance to do it by himself again? I couldn't watch the second season.

An HBO article said they greenlighted another project by Nic, but it wasn't TD

So last night's episode...

was it always intended for Arya to not be a part of the faceless men? I don't really get why Martin/the show directors take us in these directions with nothing at the end of the tunnel for the storyline or a 'moral' message.

Reactions: Phylactery