The Official Good Television Thread

Probably because Arya can't get ahead in the timeline. They're just giving her fillers for now until the other characters are done with their things so they all can move forward for the next thing. Been the same for Daenerys multiple times.

So last night's episode...

was it always intended for Arya to not be a part of the faceless men? I don't really get why Martin/the show directors take us in these directions with nothing at the end of the tunnel for the storyline or a 'moral' message.

Yeah that part annoyed me. They've been building this up for over an entire season and then she's just decided she doesn't want to be a faceless assassin anymore? Made the whole thing seem kinda pointless. I'll have to see where it goes from here before I fully commit to an opinion on the whole storyline. Only good thing to come out of it so far was when she murdered Meryn Trant because he was a despicable and abhorrent person.

Probably because Arya can't get ahead in the timeline. They're just giving her fillers for now until the other characters are done with their things so they all can move forward for the next thing. Been the same for Daenerys multiple times.

Isn't this the 2nd or 3rd season with her developing interest in this group? :zipit: Danerys has had this done to her since the beginning..why should I get excited about her now? Is that just me? Or because she's actually riding a dragon now!?

Isn't the timeline thing irrelevant now because of Bran? I thought his storyline stopped when he got to the tree, let a lone the rest of the events that followed?

Yeah that part annoyed me. They've been building this up for over an entire season and then she's just decided she doesn't want to be a faceless assassin anymore? Made the whole thing seem kinda pointless. I'll have to see where it goes from here before I fully commit to an opinion on the whole storyline. Only good thing to come out of it so far was when she murdered Meryn Trant because he was a despicable and abhorrent person.

I feel like Martin wants us to like her..so I guess she'll survive the assassination attempt? But even if she does..we are just waiting for her to get back with Sansa and Jon?

Will they give him the chance to do it by himself again? I couldn't watch the second season.

An HBO article said they greenlighted another project by Nic, but it wasn't TD

The second season would have been dramatically improved had Vince Vaughn's character been significantly rewritten. He had some absolutely awful lines. And, on top of that, Vaughn could not pull off that part.

So last night's episode...

was it always intended for Arya to not be a part of the faceless men? I don't really get why Martin/the show directors take us in these directions with nothing at the end of the tunnel for the storyline or a 'moral' message.

I could make up some shit about it being a metaphor for her finding herself, or some horrible allegorical reading... but I mostly think it's bad writing. That, or they're milking the cash cow. Or both.

Isn't this the 2nd or 3rd season with her developing interest in this group? :zipit: Danerys has had this done to her since the beginning..why should I get excited about her now? Is that just me? Or because she's actually riding a dragon now!?

Isn't the timeline thing irrelevant now because of Bran? I thought his storyline stopped when he got to the tree, let a lone the rest of the events that followed?

Daenerys started as an interesting character but has become less and less so and I believe it has to do with how they in the beginning packed horrible things to her like abusive brother, sold to the Dothraki-leader, raped, started to love Khal Drogo but then he died to the most pathetic wound ever and her baby died too. This lead to her losing her rank and she had to start from zero again. Then people liked her because she was an independent woman who raised her own army from nothing. Now she's sometimes acting like a spoiled brat and seems to be quite untouchable/overpowered which makes her no longer the underdog that fights for her way to the throne = not interesting.

Now back to Arya (and for this part it's more thoughts and guesses). Arya has always referred family and friends as pack and Arya have lost them all. She was really close with Jon but he had to go to the Wall. Her father was decapitated, her brother Robb and her mother were killed. She had to split ways with Sansa, Rickon and Bran. The "Blacksmith's boy" were killed by The Hound, ordered by Joffrey or Cersei (I doubt Robert had anything to do with it). So she had to leave all alone and along the way she's met people that she's come close to like Robert's bastard son and Hot Pie but she had to split ways with them too. She's always been looking for her pack and she's been having "wolf dreams" but she has only failed so far. She were companied by The Hound for a while but they were always bitching against each other and she referred herself as a "lone wolf" and how she always were going to kill the Hound when she had the chance but she never did, not even when the Hound were severely wounded and begged for it. Which must have to do that they were similar in different ways and he had become a "member of her pack". So I believe that she stayed with Jaqen H'Ghar and the faceless gods as a sad attempt to see if they could be her pack. More in details about this can be found here: (but it's only a theory and could contain spoilers how it will end for Arya)

And no Bran won't affect the timeline and it doesn't become irrelevant because it's an unbreakable loop (he did this to Hodor but Hodor has been Hodor before Bran was even alive). Blood Raven also told Bran that "the ink is already dry" which means he can't alter or change the past.

Anyone else here watch Person Of Interest? I'm so pissed this show is coming to an end when they decide to keep garbage like Rush Hour.

Anyways the last 2 episodes that aired have been amazing. So many highs and lows. And now only 3 episodes remain :(

been watching You're the Worst. season 1 was okay but season 2 was good stuff. it had one of the best depictions of depression i've seen on a tv show. randomly crying all night, feeling completely detached in a social setting, drinking way too much and attacking people that are "friends", being essentially paralyzed, and being completely numb of emotion.

I got through 3 episodes of the first season of The Wire and I fell asleep during each episode. I need to try again at some point.
Yeah it took a few episodes for me to get into it but I'm glad I did. The 2nd season is where it starts to really get good.

i think that's a minority opinion, but i completely adore season 2 m'self. 1 is great too though. from what i remember 4 was probably best and 5 was probably worst, but i could do with rewatching to decide for sure.

saying the wire is overrated is like saying shakespeare is overrated tbh - not wrong, necessarily, but pointless unless you're gonna back it up with some serious explaining.

I got through 3 episodes of the first season of The Wire and I fell asleep during each episode. I need to try again at some point.

Yeah I tried sampling the Wire at some point and it just didn't catch my attention. Maybe it's because I just don't find cop stuff interesting in general.

it didn't catch my attention first time round either, i stopped after an ep or two. all i can say is it was a terrible idea and i urge everyone to give it a proper chance. it's the most acclaimed tv drama of all time for a reason. it seems too limiting to call it a cop show given that the cops are just one small part of its huge sweep, from schools to the press to politicians to drug runners and plenty in between.

Reactions: Vegard Pompey