The Official Good Television Thread

I thought the final episodes of this season of GoT were some of the best the show has ever filmed. Epic, emotional, and so satisfying. Watching the last two episodes was like reliving the excitement of originally reading the first three books.

I have a theory that since the screenwriters have emerged out of the shadow of anxiety from adapting the books into episodes, their writing has actually improved. They're no longer trying to fit huge books into relatively short seasons, but can lay out the narrative as they wish according to a far less restrictive backstory.

Also, that trailer for Westworld... fuck.

I think I agree. While it's been depressing seeing them streamline or outright omit plotlines from the book in the past two seasons, the show may be better for it in the long run. This was the first season that I watched on a week-to-week basis instead of just binging it when it's done (because the world is full of fetus-fuckers who'll spoil anything the instant the episode has aired) and it was a frustrating process. I hated waiting a week for the next episode only to find out the characters I was most invested in were not even featured in it. Now that I've tried following the show week-to-week like most viewers I understand why they're working so hard to pare down the number of plotlines to an essential few.

These past two episodes displayed the fruits of their labor. They were tight, the writers felt more in control of their material than they've been in a long time. They've cut their unwieldy, sprawling source material down to something that better fits the structure and constraints of a TV series, and yes, some things have been lost in the process (such as the complex political landscape of book-Westeros) but they're playing to their strengths, concentrating on the plotlines that make for the best spectacle.

My one wish for the last two seasons is that we never see Essos again, not for one fucking second.

Goddamn Pirate Bay is down

XujHL.gif

Use kickasstorrents, probably the best public tracker nowadays. (Using private trackers is always safest though)

Are any good dramas currently airing?

Kingdom and Ray Donovan are okay background watching but neither's especially good. Hell on Wheels seems to have gone to shit.

Are any good dramas currently airing?

THEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANS

also Rectify

THEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANSTHEAMERICANS

also Rectify

The Americans is cool but this season is over. I'll have a look into Rectify.

Are there any new shows starting up with good forecasts? I need me a new weekly.

The most promising thing I know of is Westworld but it's not out till October. If Vice Principals (starts in July) is half as good as Eastbound and Down it should be worth watching. Walton Goggins rules anyway.

Daredevil is great and Jessica Jones is okay so I have reasonable hopes for Luke Cage which I think is also out in September or October.

Eh I'll keep an eye for west world for sure but I'm really looking for a summer series. I know not many start up this time of year.

Last two GoT episodes were absolutely phenomenal. Especially the first 20+ minutes of the season finale with that beautiful score. Flawless television.

I thought shit was going downhill since the story isn't theirs to tell anymore, but these last two episodes gave definite proved me wrong.

Recently caught the people vs O.J Simpson murder trial. I missed some of the beginning, but it was really good.

Jaime is the going to kill Cersei. I'm calling it right now.

Maggy the Frog: "Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

valonqar = little brother. Cersei has probably always thought it was Tyrion, but i think its going to be Jaime.

Jaime is the going to kill Cersei. I'm calling it right now.

Maggy the Frog: "Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

valonqar = little brother. Cersei has probably always thought it was Tyrion, but i think its going to be Jaime.

That theory has been going on for a while now. Also that the R in R + L = J actually stands for Robert Baratheon.

Anyhow, I feel that the season finale were rushed, which is quite disappointing. Seriously, a lot of important characters died and Varys and Arya must have borrowed Littlefinger's teleport device.

Tommen's suicide was the biggest WTF moment.

That theory has been going on for a while now.
That's funny, because I haven't heard it from a single follower of the show yet. The last part that i quoted from Maggy the Frog(valonqar) was never even mentioned in the show, it's from the books.

Also that the R in R + L = J actually stands for Robert Baratheon.

I dont get it, why would the R stand for Robert and not Rhaegar? I'm pretty sure Lyanna's whispers indicated that Robert will kill the child if he finds out its a Targaryen. I dont see anything here pointing at Robert being the father.

That's funny, because I haven't heard it from a single follower of the show yet. The last part that i quoted from Maggy the Frog(valonqar) was never even mentioned in the show, it's from the books.

I guess it depends on where you're looking. I read a fascinating theory a couple of weeks/a month ago. It were something like this: Cersei would demand Trial By Combat against the High Sparrow. Zombie Clegane would fight for Cersei and Hound (Gravedigger) would fight for High Sparrow (Cleganebowl). Hound/Gravedigger would then have his revenge against Gregor and Cersei. Cersei would then be sentenced to death. This would lead to Cersei snaping and going mad. She would then go down to the cellar, ready to blow up herself and King's Landing with wild fire. Jaime would try to talk Cersei out of this but without any success so he finally had to kill her.
The theory didn't work out due to how it went in season 6 but the talking of Jaime killing Cersei has been out there for a while. But a Google or Youtube search of 'Jaime will kill Cersei?' will most likely show theories about it.

I dont get it, why would the R stand for Robert and not Rhaegar? I'm pretty sure Lyanna's whispers indicated that Robert will kill the child if he finds out its a Targaryen. I dont see anything here pointing at Robert being the father.

There are only weak points on this theory so far. We never actually heard the reason why Robert would kill the baby. There can be a completely different reason why, that fans aren't thinking about. Robert also talked to Ned when he made love to Lyanna shortly before she were "kidnapped by" (read: running away with) Raeghar so Robert could be the father but would still kill the baby just because it potentially could be Targaryen that he hates with passion. Last point is the hair color.
Starks: Brown Hair.
Tullys: Redheads.
Targaryens: Blonde
Lannisters: Blonde
Baratheons: Black Hair.

Blonde + Brown does not = Black.
Black (stronger gene) + Brown = Black.

"Robert's" 3 children (Joffery, Tommen and Mycella) are all blondes because Jaime is the father but Robert also have a bastard child (Gendry) who has black hair.

But a Google or Youtube search of 'Jaime will kill Cersei?' will most likely show theories about it.

Yes, but those are from readers. Haven't heard it from a single person who only watches the show. That's why i made it clear that i was referring to the people who exclusively watch the show.

There are only weak points on this theory so far. We never actually heard the reason why Robert would kill the baby. There can be a completely different reason why, that fans aren't thinking about. Robert also talked to Ned when he made love to Lyanna shortly before she were "kidnapped by" (read: running away with) Raeghar so Robert could be the father but would still kill the baby just because it potentially could be Targaryen that he hates with passion. Last point is the hair color.
Starks: Brown Hair.
Tullys: Redheads.
Targaryens: Blonde
Lannisters: Blonde
Baratheons: Black Hair.

Blonde + Brown does not = Black.
Black (stronger gene) + Brown = Black.

"Robert's" 3 children (Joffery, Tommen and Mycella) are all blondes because Jaime is the father but Robert also have a bastard child (Gendry) who has black hair.

I doubt he's Roberts. But yeah there's a little room for them to take it in other directions for sure. And if im not mistaken, Jon Snow's hair is brown not black...

Fullscreen-capture-25112015-170404-550x550.jpg

We've had a few black+browns in our family and every single one of them had children with brown hair and brown eyes. My mom has brown hair and my dad has black hair ... what color would you guess my hair is?

Last edited: