The Official Good Television Thread

@TechnicalBarbarity brown vs gold, yes, probably on purpose. Brown vs black, probably not relevant.

And that's the furthest I'm getting sucked in because this was a stupid conversation from the start.

rmja8Wt.jpg

Mr. Robot is back baby!

Most of the way through the first season at the moment. Really well made show, great atmosphere and sense of tension... but Jesus the storyline just gets increasingly more retarded and less believable with each episode. The writers are constantly trying to shock you or blow your mind with some new revelation or development, and the result is that every character's actions are completely irrational and lacking in credibility when viewed from a remove. Will probably keep watching just for the atmosphere, but I've lost confidence that the writers actually know where they're going with it.

Most of the way through the first season at the moment. Really well made show, great atmosphere and sense of tension... but Jesus the storyline just gets increasingly more retarded and less believable with each episode. The writers are constantly trying to shock you or blow your mind with some new revelation or development, and the result is that every character's actions are completely irrational and lacking in credibility when viewed from a remove. Will probably keep watching just for the atmosphere, but I've lost confidence that the writers actually know where they're going with it.

Having finished the first season, I personally think it was well-crafted, although I know some people weren't happy with the finale. I thought it was great.

The second season is picking up in the thick of weirdness. Tough to tell exactly what's going on, but that's one of the things I enjoy about it.

Also - love your avatar.

So I see Ash vs Evil Dead season 1 is up for preorder on Amazon... Which means it's about to start back up again. Heavy breathing is sure to ensue.

Reactions: CiG
Man, the main character from The Wire is a very bad actor.

I'm almost done with season 2 and so far i can confidently say that this is one of the most overrated series i've ever watched. Nothing special whatsoever. Cant believe people throw this up there as one of the all time greats ... completely baffling .

Dominic West is a good actor, particulary when you consider he's putting on an accent the whole time. He was particularly good in The Affair (much better show than it sounds, believe me - they should have called it The Murder).