The Official Good Television Thread

When they began to phase McNulty out during later seasons was when I started to lose interest in The Wire (putting him on the boat - wtf?).
That's actually one of the problems. I can tell he's using an accent almost every time he opens his mouth. Kind of like the main character from Sons.
I'll take your word on the accent providing you're American.

Last edited:
I knew Stringer Bell was played by an Englishman, but I had no idea McNulty was. And yeah what rms said. He played the frustrated alcoholic cop perfectly.

Stringer Bell/Elba is one of the better actors from the series.

While there's def no stand out acting in the series(especially when compared to the all time greats), i'd say its solid overall. McNulty is by far the worst, and his read headed attorney piece is pretty shitty too.

And honestly, there's just way to much gay there.

edit: and talking about frustrated aclholic cop. One of his shittiest scenes was where he was drunk as fuck at the bar and called his ex wife. Absolutely cringeworthy 2 or so minutes of acting.

I knew Stringer Bell was played by an Englishman, but I had no idea McNulty was.

you cant be serious.

Last edited:
Bodie = definitely one of the weaker performances as far as acting goes. I thought Beadie was pretty shitty the first few episodes of S2, but she did a better job as the season progressed. Oh yeah, and that "brother" guy from NY ...
Facepalm_Emoji_20px_zpskj3qygj9.png

I'm only 2 seasons in, but Avon is nailing his role imo.

edit: Kind of surprised no one mentioned Herc and Carver. Both did a pretty good job. D'Angelo was was solid too.

Last edited:
So far im liking S3 the most. Last two seasons were good, but this this one is great so far. Big jump in quality if you ask me.

And im glad to see that Littlefinger has always been a little conniving motherfucker.

Also, why the fuck dont any of the cars in this show have tints? wtf

Almost finished the first season of The Americans and I don't think I've got the desire to go any further. It's just not grabbing me and I find the two lead actors entirely unconvincing.