The Official Good Television Thread

I've seen a few shows on the IFC channel that I find funny, that are from Australia. I wish I could remember what they're called, but they're not on often enough.

Started watching an Australian drama called Underbelly the last couple of nights, it's about the gangland drug wars in Melbourne between 1995-2004. I'm not sure if I'm enjoying it because it's set in Melbourne, because it was banned here because it might influence the outcome of several cases that are still ongoing, or because it's actually good.

Ok I need some opinions on Curb Your Enthusiasm. I've watched a few bits of episodes but never got into it. Is it good or what?

Ok I need some opinions on Curb Your Enthusiasm. I've watched a few bits of episodes but never got into it. Is it good or what?

Its really only quite funny in the later seasons, probaly season3 or season4 is best. I think his neurotic-ness is quite funnay and all that. Not the best comedy ever or anything like that

Started watching an Australian drama called Underbelly the last couple of nights, it's about the gangland drug wars in Melbourne between 1995-2004. I'm not sure if I'm enjoying it because it's set in Melbourne, because it was banned here because it might influence the outcome of several cases that are still ongoing, or because it's actually good.

I thought that show was brilliant. Really enjoyed it.

I've seen a few episodes and it seems to be very funny bordering on excruciating. He's worse than George in Seinfeld

Its really only quite funny in the later seasons, probaly season3 or season4 is best. I think his neurotic-ness is quite funnay and all that. Not the best comedy ever or anything like that

Cheers. Yeah I watched a couple of eps from the first series last night, seems a lot better than I recall it being. If it gets better as it goes, then I'll quite likely end up hooked.

I thought that show was brilliant. Really enjoyed it.

It was really well done for an Australian drama, they got the characters pretty spot on I think. The music, the production and some of the acting was a bit b-grade though.