The Official Good Television Thread

Meh, Dexter. I don't really know what it's supposed to be-- a comedy or a thriller, but it's a pretty big fluke in both departments, imo. It's as you said, Satan: an intriguing concept ruined by annoying characters.

Yeah. The women in the show are pretty much all super annoying. And I found myself wanting Dexter to get caught towards the end as well. Still really enjoyed season 2 though.

I think so too.
But Peter and Stewie are my favorite characters in the show.
I always thought Cleveland and Chris were kind of disposable, they don't really add much to the show.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is currently rocking my world. I've just started season 3. I can't believe it took me so long.

I'm on season 2 of lost. any spoilers will result in painful death.
I hate how I'm not really interested in the characters, but I have to keep watching to find out what happens anyways.

4th season of Lost is easily the best so far. Season 2 has a few low points but overall that series is awesome.

I found plenty of the characters interesting by Season 2. Locke, Eko, Charlie, Sawyer and 2 characters you may not know very well yet were my favourites at that point.

I always thought Cleveland and Chris were kind of disposable, they don't really add much to the show.

The only reason Cleveland will be getting a spin-off is probably because Mike Henry (voice of Cleveland) doesn't get enough attention in the show. He strikes me to be that type of person because Cleveland and the Performance Artists' lines are very long-winded to be honest.

Family Guy still makes me laugh though. They should have definately done a spin-off with Stewie and Brian instead.

I've been watching the Food Network and Travel Channel constantly lately.
No Reservations w/ Anthony Bourdain is an excellent show if anyones never seen it.

Has anyone else watched Mad Men? I saw an all day marathon thing on AMC like last week, I got interested with like 19823192 emmy nominations and such and people nutting over it, needless to say this show was incredibly lame and uninteresting over like 3 episodes. It follows this advertising company where the standard plot was showing how married men cheat on their wives and seems like a social-norm for it. I really dont understand the appeal at all.

Does anyone like it and help me understand what is at all any good about it?

Watched the first episode of this last night and quite liked it. It's a very stylish & well made look at corporate life in the early sixties. It's written and directed by some of the guys who did the Sopranos, and you can tell, the subtle focus on interaction and power plays between people is similarly done. There was a whole lot more going on than married men cheating on their wives in the first episode. I'll be interested to see where it goes.

I was wondering if there are any cool new shows that I am missing out on? ...I really don't watch TV anymore and I only have cable, and even when I watched TV I only watched Showcase and Space for the most part.