The Official Good Television Thread

This season of Fargo is killer, loving it so much.

Haven't kept up with Better Call Saul. I should, it's just not as thematically appealing to me. I love the little surrealist bits of Fargo, like how Gloria doesn't register in front of automated sensors. That kind of stuff boosts the show to another level, for me.

When she said to another character "You see me, right?" Love it. :tickled:

This season of Fargo is killer, loving it so much.

Haven't kept up with Better Call Saul. I should, it's just not as thematically appealing to me. I love the little surrealist bits of Fargo, like how Gloria doesn't register in front of automated sensors. That kind of stuff boosts the show to another level, for me.

When she said to another character "You see me, right?" Love it. :tickled:
YES. Also

When Gloria realises that Ennis's side story has nothing to do with his death, and we've just spent most of the third episode exploring it.

I love the way you get a real feel for every character, large part or small. Maurice was awesome. Ennis Stussy was brutal. Even Rob McElhenney From Always Sunny's cameo ruled.

This season of BCS has been fantastic,(potential spoiler) the court room episode in particular. new season of Fargo is also good but not enjoying it as much as the previous two.

This season of BCS has been fantastic,(potential spoiler) the court room episode in particular. new season of Fargo is also good but not enjoying it as much as the previous two.
I dunno if it's just because I binged the first 3 Fargo episodes and then switched to Saul or what, but it felt like a slight drop in creative ambition and quality. Both shows totally rule though.

Also the use of music in Fargo is fucking incredible, this had me on the edge of my seat:

Yeah I can't wait to check out the Melbourne setting. The show was surreal enough without being set in my home town.

Holy fuck that recent episode of Fargo.
Yuri getting shot in the wolf costume by hunters was fucking great.

didn't realize Twin Peaks started back up until I saw CF's post that I think is now deleted. but what the hell is going on? I stayed awake for the first 30-45 and it's entirely non-Lynchian and totally different...

Nah you can't trust those people. I'm over an hour into the first episode and it's a bad cop drama that brings nothing of the "Blue Velvet" qualities that made "Twin Peaks" great

I'd say it's pretty damn Lynchian, but it seems to deliberately withhold the, to borrow a term from you, "seductive dreaminess" of the original series. It doesn't 'get' to me the way the original series does and it feels too much like a puzzle but I am in love with the unfettered creativity of it. It also feels like it's building toward something (and Lynch has previously described the new season as basically an 18-hour movie) so I can't fully pass judgment on it after just 5 episodes.

Reactions: CiG