The Official Good Television Thread

It's a crazy time for TV. Twin Peaks is back and amazing, BCS is really hitting its stride and reaching some BB-level peaks, The Americans just wrapped up its least exciting season yet and it was still pretty great, I have a reliable friend ranting about how bonkers American Gods is but I haven't had time to watch an episode yet, just started Fargo s03 and though I was never really bought into the hype regarding this series (I outright hated s01) it is at least creative and interesting. And then GoT is coming back soon, god, I can't even keep up with all this shit anymore. And on the anime front there's a fucking re-adaptation of Legend of Galactic Heroes coming this year.

Couldn't give less of a shit about The Leftovers tho

anyone see legion yet? director of mad men, writer of fargo. seems like the most acclaimed marvel-based thing in recent memory, at least by all the marvel-sceptics i follow.

Yeah, after last episode you would think that the series was slowly working it's way too a more "normal" (or atleast more classic Twin Peaks) style and then this episode make a U-turn and drives way past the opening episodes in terms of wtf-ness. :p

Glad i gave The Leftovers another shot, really enjoying it so far.

On a side note, is it me or does Laurie Garvey look like William Dafoe?

Laurie.jpg

e3RXWkv.jpg

Reactions: CiG, Dak and rms
forgot that season 5 of Orphan Black had started up a few weeks ago. catching up right now and its still as great as always.

MV5BZWJhNjI0NzgtYzZiNi00MDY0LWIxZDMtOWY1ZjVmNjVkZWMyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg0OTI2NDg@._V1_UY1200_CR285,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

"Set in a near-dystopian future, the series features a former cop, who is forced to take part in a death race in which cars run on human blood as fuel."

This better not be shit.

So it may not be "good television" by some accounts but I'm nostalgiaing like a motherfucker here.

The Tournament of Power between the 8 universes that may get erased has started on Dragon Ball Super.

Something around 60+ new characters if you're interested... and some of them definitely match the strongest of the universe everyone is used to (uni 7) Gohan is training again, Frieza is back for the 1000th time but for now fighting with the Z fighters.

I do wonder how they'll get rid of Frieza after this is over (especially after the assassination attempt from another universe...) unless someone from another universe does it, his only match at this point in uni7 is Goku and that's a maybe at best.

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
I never got into DBZ. Never got into it as a kid and though I tried watching it a year or two ago I gave it like 10 episodes and it went fucking nowhere. But I gotta say, "The Tournament of Power between the 8 universes that may get erased" sounds fucking amazing and like the most DBZ thing ever, I don't even need context for that.