The Official Good Television Thread

I'm not super well versed in anime so beats the shit out of me really.

We are to the point frieza can blink and eradicate a planet. He literally survived one of the other universe's God of Destruction's power of destruction, which totally erases anything touched irreversibly, as willed by a god. Somehow Future Trunks killed an immortal, which Goku and Vegeta fused couldnt even finish. Goku can transport anywhere in the Universe instantly if he can picture it mentally. Hit moves so quickly he moves outside of time and yet Goku still figured this out and can counter attack. Jiren's power is unknown at this point but even Goku is afraid of him. Toppo is on the same power level as Goku physically and fought him to a stalemate.

I would say that as an emulation of the Coen bros' style, it confuses the naturalistic strangeness of their work with cringeworthy hipster quirk, and furthermore pretends to depth with lots of literary references and drawing attention to its own philosophical subtexts. But I seem to be the only one who dislikes the show so what do I know. I have to concede that it is undeniably stylish, the cast is incredible and it is rich with ideas. That goes for all three seasons, probably; I've only seen the first two.

Watched the first season of Fortitude, and holy shit. Really good sci-fi horror show. Not always even, and not the best acting... but a really impressively paced show, keeps ratcheting up the tension throughout without giving away the full picture until the last two episodes.

It's tough to follow at the beginning, as there are several narrative strands that don't come together until over halfway through the season; and there is a major non-science-fictional plot line that takes up significant time. But the show manages to bring everything together.

It's available to stream on Amazon, not sure where else though.

I'm really enjoying Riverdale on Netflix. Archie, Betty, Veronica, Jughead and the gang in a murder mystery set in modern times

So the longer Twin Peaks is running the more I'm enjoying it. Really digging it right now. It is kind of weird though in the way that it isn't really a "flowing" series where stuff happens and the story goes forward dynamically along with the dialogue and interactions (not sure how to explain this?). More like each scene is a seperate piece that has a clue which you then can fit into a bigger puzzle. Even two scenes with the same characters in mostly the same place can feel like something totally else than before. Now that you are starting to grasp a bit of the bigger puzzle you just want more! :)

Opinions on the new GoT btw?

Thinking about checking out the Fargo series, what is it like?

Both are pretty good, prefere the first, actors and stories are pretty different, but the directing and characters for Fargo are pretty distinct in style.

picked up season 1 of The Sapranos, organised crime mob stuff you can't watch on cable, it don't work. I guess you could say the same for Fargo.

Thought it was really lame and a cheap way to remove some people.

Really? Arya has been promising to kill them all for three seasons, so I don't really see it as "removing some people."

At this point, all I really want from the show are my deepest revenge fantasies fulfilled. I'd like a bit more fleshing out of the history involving the children of the forest and the white walkers. But for the most part I'm in it because I read the first five books, and now I want to know how it ends without having to read the next two paperweights.

Game of Thrones is shit and Martin is a hack. Wouldn't be surprised if creation of the world was outsourced (and I mean more than paralleling European history) because his ability to interestingly write within it is otherwise inexplicably bad.

Reactions: CiG