The Official Good Television Thread

After some 20+ years I've solved a long-held television mystery regarding a vague purple blob in a cooking grill

Not even joking when I say I got chills seeing that grotesque creature's face again, I'm having to reevaluate my entire memory bank where I thought Chucky was the sole source of all my childhood fears, that thing still freaks me out, I had to put socks on while watching the episode again because I kept imagining tingling in my feet.

EDIT: Actually that's a lie because the clown from Are You Afraid of the Dark? that shoots streamers at that kid's ankles and drags him into the closet was probably still worse, but yeah. Good television.

Here's an opinion(probably a fact)... i think you suck dick.

But is this a joke? You're asking me when was the last time i had an opinion? Lmao, yes because i adopted the sheepish mentality that i accuse you in-crowders of having on a daily basis? You guys are groupthink central here.

"but dont like what you like, like what i like!" And you have the nerve to say i dont have an opinion? :lol: Are you soft in the head?

But here let me help. Which part of that rather simple post didn't make sense to you, sweethweart?

Last edited:
Just finished rewatching GoT and it's amazing how terrible of a character and person Sansa is and still does what she does in the last episode.

Are the only good characters from the show Bron, Grandma Tyrell and the Hound?

Reactions: Phylactery
how can ya like the mountain? does 2 things in like 10 episodes. Oberyn may have been cool, but they went hard in the paint on the bi-man angle and killed him too fast. Dorn seems underplayed in the entire show, especially considering the history with the Lannisters. Tormund's cool, left him out. I think Tywin was legit until he became hand then just too obvious how ignorant he was of the obvious problems within his family. Seemed too smart to get duped like that

Stannis was the man, until they made him burn his daughter in the show. Character assasination at its finest.

IyGKkJC.jpg

After some 20+ years I've solved a long-held television mystery regarding a vague purple blob in a cooking grill

Not even joking when I say I got chills seeing that grotesque creature's face again, I'm having to reevaluate my entire memory bank where I thought Chucky was the sole source of all my childhood fears, that thing still freaks me out, I had to put socks on while watching the episode again because I kept imagining tingling in my feet.

EDIT: Actually that's a lie because the clown from Are You Afraid of the Dark? that shoots streamers at that kid's ankles and drags him into the closet was probably still worse, but yeah. Good television.

I don't know why.....but I just watched this whole thing :err:

Just finished rewatching GoT and it's amazing how terrible of a character and person Sansa is and still does what she does in the last episode.

They dropped the ball on developing her, opting instead for perpetual sexual and psychological torment. Unfortunately, torture doesn't make strong characters unless you actually attend to how their experiences shape them. But whatever, she
killed Littlefinger
. I'm okay with her.

In other news:

http://www.avclub.com/hbo-gives-green-light-green-room-director-to-true-dete-1798686678

Cursing the comedy writers of the world to come up with yet more variants on their old “time is a flat circle” jokes, HBO has officially given the green light to a third season of Nic Pizzolatto’s True Detective. As previously reported, Oscar-winner Mahershala Ali will take on the lead role in the crime anthology’s latest outing, playing a Nebraska state police detective by the name of Wayne Hays.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the network was holding back on giving the show a new season until it could line up a director to help Pizzolatto—who will continue to write every episode of the new season save one (which is being handled by Deadwood’s David Milch)—keep a third season from turning into the interesting-but-overly-complicated mess that was True Detective season 2. To that end, the network has recruited Green Roomdirector Jeremy Saulnier, who will hopefully inject the show with the same expertly crafted, nightmarish tension that made his 2016 cult horror film such a compellingly upsetting watch.

Blue Ruin has some good praise, maybe the time away from the spotlight will give it a shot. Fukunaga might have been the key though

Stannis was the man, until they made him burn his daughter in the show. Character assasination at its finest.

IyGKkJC.jpg

I don't see how it was character assassination. He was obsessed with his destiny to rule since season 2 and had been a shitty, negligent father from the start. The first time we see Sharine, Stannis is like, "My, you've gotten bigger," as if he hasn't seen her in ages, but they've both been based on Dragonstone the entire time! How long had it been since he'd visited his daughter?

Furthermore, he had already murdered his brother with black magic and torched his brother-in-law, as well as many other bannermen for not converting, and was willing to let his nephew Gendry, who totally innocent of any crime or offense, suffer the same fate. All of those were when the situation was not desperate.

With Sharine, they're trapped in the North with snow-storms coming and winter on the horizon. He's basically left with the option of killing Sharine and hoping the magic helps him fulfill his destiny, or returning to Castle Black, losing the sell-swords, being stuck there possibly for years, in all likelihood giving up on his final chance at the iron throne, and becoming known as the "king who ran." He chose the former, which is consistent with his prior behaviors, albeit a huge and fatal step forward.

character assassination as in that never happened in the books. But weiss and benioff decided to make him burn his own daughter in the show to send him off. I mean, surely no one is going to like him after that. GRRM was even pretty ticked off about what they did with the Mannis.

Remly was a usurper, and Stannis gave him a chance to do the right thing in one of the best scenes of the series...

the only part about him that i didn't like was how he let that red cunt manipulate him. But not only was he the true king, but he was also the most rightful man in westeros imo.

"True King" is totally relative. We now know that the throne was usurped by Robert based on a lie. Jon aka Aegon is the rightful heir based on the line of succession. However, to quote Cersi "power is power." It's not about the line of succession, it's about who has the power to take the throne for themselves. Stannis never had the power to take the throne for himself, and even his greatest strength (Melissandre) was based on a misinterpretation of prophesy.

As far as the books go, the scene neither contradicts or confirms them, since the book last left Stannis stranded in the woods in a snowstorm. However, he was burning people at the stake as a sacrifice to the Lord of Light. So this very well could be where the novels go (if they ever actually get written). One thing seems pretty clear, Stannis is doomed in the books, just like in the show.

The Aegon lie is legitimately ridiculous in the show. It distorts the entire Barrathion (sp) narrative, it destroys the image of Eddard and the Stark family while only looking to add more drama between Jon and Danny in the final season. Not sure why we aren't talking about how stupid that turn of events is.