The Official Good Television Thread

Arya has always been one of the best characters on the show and her present attitude makes total sense. People seem to forget that Arya is a tween mass murderer. She's been killing people since season one, often relishing in it. She's obsessed with any slight or offense against her or her family, so obviously she's gonna hold Sansa's feet to the fire for her letter to Robb.

As for Sansa, I think there's a lot of internal conflict there. One of the growing themes of this show as it reaches it's final stages is illustrating how the young characters (Arya, Jon, Dany, Sansa) have been shaped by their environments and mentors. Part of Sansa is still that principled Stark attitude that certainly was instilled in her since childhood, which is why she's dedicated to the North. However, her time in Kings Landing and the mentorship of Cersi and Littlefinger have taught her that if you don't fight to be the most powerful, you will be eaten alive. Whether she wants to or not, she clearly sees Jon as competition, at least to some degree. Her own words betray resentment ("I saved the North; Jon lost the battle of the bastards"). Arya sees this, is calling it out, and is clearly hitting a nerve with the notion that Sansa is jealous of Jon.

While a lot of the past few episodes have centered on this stupid "catch a white walker and take to Kings Landing" plot, the stuff in Winterfell has been totally compelling, complex, and full of shades of grey, all the stuff that makes GOT great.

Maybe early on, but wtf? This is not an accurate description of her character at all anymore.

my problem with the GoT book (i've only read book 1, and seen none of the show) was that nearly every character was set up as one-dimensional and clichéd, able to be captured completely with a few choice adjectives, and then as the book went on all of those clichés would be subverted after Shit Gets Real, but somehow that subversion felt just as clichéd and telegraphed. iirc sansa is a good example of this, her character arc in the first book has been done so many times before that it's almost an (possibly deserved) insult to the fantasy genre even calling it a subversion. i'm thinking of watching this show soon and my hope is either a) this doesn't come across as much in TV form, or b) everything starts to get more three-dimensional after the first season/book.

I feel like the season finale is going to have Littleweiner killed by Arya, and everyone else is going to begrudgingly put on their happy faces for an alliance to try and survive the Night King (he cant be the Ice King because of the cartoon Adventure Time, which is comical to me)

how the hell can GoT just say one of if not the most fundamental issue that drove all conflict in the show was all built on a lie?

They should fucking explain what is that fucking God of Light thing that brought Jon AEGON TARGARYEN Snow back to life as everyone would get one big mindfuck when they got to know he was the rightful heir to the throne and he was killed by his guys on the wall, lol. Fucking immortal fella.

I somehow managed to spoil for myself that Jon Snow dies (for real this time) in the finale so I watched the whole episode thinking "WOW THIS IS ALL GONNA BE REALLY IRONIC WHEN JON SNOW DIES AT THE END" and then that didn't happen at all and I was like wtf. Decent episode, a bit underwhelming as GoT finales go. 10/10 incest.

But why are we talking about GoT when Twin Peaks just aired one of the greatest episodes in television history?

Reactions: Vilden and CiG
They should fucking explain what is that fucking God of Light thing that brought Jon AEGON TARGARYEN Snow back to life as everyone would get one big mindfuck when they got to know he was the rightful heir to the throne and he was killed by his guys on the wall, lol. Fucking immortal fella.

Think they've made it pretty clear the lord of light doesn't fucking have to explain anything to anyone.