The Official Good Television Thread

The BB finale has kinda put me off watching the whole thing again unfortunately. I should probably get over it and buy the box set and get stuck back in, because the first 4 seasons were fucking incredible.

Reactions: Dak
What's your particular beef with the BB ending? I'll probably agree with you since I don't love it either but I would still like to hear your thoughts. I do appreciate that the series at least went out with a bang. I've watched an embarrassing amount of TV and it pisses me off how few TV shows have the balls to do that. The norm with TV shows seems to be to have the series finale be a sentimental farewell to the characters (usually leaving the door open for a continuation, while they're at it) rather than an all-out climax. Not saying every show should end like that but I would like to see more shows do it.

Reactions: isberg and CiG
Anyone watching Mr. Robot? I wasn't a fan of the second season, but it seems to have gotten back on track with s03. I'm six episodes in and four of them have been among the best episodes of the series.

I've heard some people think BB left the door open for a continuation, since
we don't technically see Walt die
. Personally, I think that's bullshit fandom fantasy, but there are some who view the show as open-ended.

But it still went out with a bang, for sure.

Anyone watching Mr. Robot? I wasn't a fan of the second season, but it seems to have gotten back on track with s03. I'm six episodes in and four of them have been among the best episodes of the series.

I fucking love Mr. Robot. Finished the third season last night. I was a fan of the second, but the third season has upped the ante. I think it's such an inventive and gutsy show (I also love all the not-so-subtle jabs at the current political culture strewn throughout).

I noticed a drop in quality on the 5th disc (roughly the 17th episode onward) and I dunno, I'm just finding it all to be a bit meh, with the way the plot has developed as well as a few other small nitpicky details like the sudden introduction of a different animated approach. I've detailed a few complaints in the Animation Appreciation thread. I will finish it, I just need to make myself do it.

Wonder if this will be any good.

PS: So fun how tits are censored on youtube, but this trailer isnt.

What's your particular beef with the BB ending? I'll probably agree with you since I don't love it either but I would still like to hear your thoughts. I do appreciate that the series at least went out with a bang. I've watched an embarrassing amount of TV and it pisses me off how few TV shows have the balls to do that. The norm with TV shows seems to be to have the series finale be a sentimental farewell to the characters (usually leaving the door open for a continuation, while they're at it) rather than an all-out climax. Not saying every show should end like that but I would like to see more shows do it.
I haven’t watched since it aired but from what I remember it was way too safe, everything wrapped up far too neatly and the machine gun trick seemed like the culmination of WW’s tricks getting less and less believable as the show went.
Fair call that it went out with a bang, but I think that was the obvious thing to do and that disappointed me because the show had been so good at interesting ideas. BB was never going to end in an overly sentimental manner anyway.

I finished Mr. Robot s03. It had several of the best episodes of television I've seen all year, but unfortunately the climax hinged on a development that was completely incredulous even by this show's standards.

I'm of course talking about Elliott hacking the entire Dark Army with a single piece of malware placed on a USB drive. Nevermind that Elliott was apparently able to code this malware in no time at all, you'd think the Dark Army would take precautions when opening a file received from one of the most skilled hackers in the world, and run it on a virtual machine or some other closed system instead of letting it infect their entire global network. Even if there's a twist revealed later on that the Dark Army only allowed it to work to manipulate Elliott to some end or another it makes no sense that Elliott would even think it would work in the first place.

Shame that such an excellent season of television should end with such a blunder. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

Anyone else addicted to Mindhunter like myself? I’ve got two more episodes to go! It actually is very nostalgic as I was a sociology major as well and them bringing up theories from most notable sociologists about human behaviors just resurrected my interest in people again. I really really loveeeeeed reading Durkheim’s theories as I agreed with a lot of what he had to say. Because I am very lazy I’ll just quote a part of my status from Facebook:
“Durkheim suggested that if there’s something wrong with our society then criminality is a response to that. That really resonated with me then and even more so now. Crime is inevitable as not everyone can fit into the boxes society attempts to place you in. Though some people can live close to the edge without completely going over and are happy there, I suppose crime is indispensable if there are just simply people who need to go over to feel like themselves.”

Anyways I really like this show. Anyone else a fan?

T1tfJBZ.png

Anyone else addicted to Mindhunter like myself? I’ve got two more episodes to go! It actually is very nostalgic as I was a sociology major as well and them bringing up theories from most notable sociologists about human behaviors just resurrected my interest in people again. I really really loveeeeeed reading Durkheim’s theories as I agreed with a lot of what he had to say. Because I am very lazy I’ll just quote a part of my status from Facebook:
“Durkheim suggested that if there’s something wrong with our society then criminality is a response to that. That really resonated with me then and even more so now. Crime is inevitable as not everyone can fit into the boxes society attempts to place you in. Though some people can live close to the edge without completely going over and are happy there, I suppose crime is indispensable if there are just simply people who need to go over to feel like themselves.”

Anyways I really like this show. Anyone else a fan?

I thought it was good. I like how the protagonist's character evolves in a very dark way over the course of the season.