The Official Good Television Thread

Pity they fucked it up in 2016 when they brought it back.
Haven't seen the effort they did last year though.

just binge-watched first 8 episodes of 2009 show V
finished watching the entire series several days ago
and even though it's been a few days, i'm still pissed
the second season was awesome
and don't wanna go into spoilers
but there were just so many different moments that set-ups for the 3rd season
and then there just wasn't any 3rd season

Watched the Fyre Festival doco on Netflix last night and holy shit. So good. I had no idea how deep they went or of the amount of fuckbaggery involved. So many NO FUCKING WAY moments.

Reactions: zerostatic
Watched the Fyre Festival doco on Netflix last night and holy shit. So good. I had no idea how deep they went or of the amount of fuckbaggery involved. So many NO FUCKING WAY moments.

Yeah, fucking crazy. Stupidity all around--stupid organizers for thinking they could pull it off, and stupid people for thinking it was real.

latest ep of true detective was the best so far. no change to the pacing, but it feels like the writing kicked up a notch.

Agreed--and the first one that left me feeling like I can't wait for the next episode.

what do you guys think about the obsession with finding out who is the culprit in TD? I keep seeing these damn articles and comments and I feel like this entirely misses the point of the show -- the "adventure"

yeah i’m not really the type to get involved in all that beyond a casual conversation with whoever i’m watching with. i remember it was crazy during season 1 too.

You're only saying that because it was the first episode co-written by Milch :p

(haven't seen the episode yet - starting it now)

ha i had no idea. good to know i’m consistent!

Gotta read up on Sharp Objects as I hopefully finish the last episode tonight, but I don't think they do enough justification for why she chose to stay at her old house and it seems like the most important part of the show.

finished watching the entire series several days ago
and even though it's been a few days, i'm still pissed
the second season was awesome
and don't wanna go into spoilers
but there were just so many different moments that set-ups for the 3rd season
and then there just wasn't any 3rd season
STILL pissed off

Gotta read up on Sharp Objects as I hopefully finish the last episode tonight, but I don't think they do enough justification for why she chose to stay at her old house and it seems like the most important part of the show.

well, I guess the author loves the double-twist. bleh

maybe the book expands on Camille's decision more, but without this essential building block in the show, it clearly suffers and seems rather forced. I guess Ein's and women love this show because of the self hatred, but the bar should be higher.

I saw that as well this week. Looked like a nightmare and some of the festival goers that they interviewed were total douchebags. That one guy was proud about wrecking nearby tents that people needed. Thought it was interesting how they let Ja Rule off the hook there at the end. Other than hearing his voice on the phone call talking about ways to spin the news about defrauding people there is no mention of trying to hold him accountable for anything.

I saw that as well this week. Looked like a nightmare and some of the festival goers that they interviewed were total douchebags. That one guy was proud about wrecking nearby tents that people needed. Thought it was interesting how they let Ja Rule off the hook there at the end. Other than hearing his voice on the phone call talking about ways to spin the news about defrauding people there is no mention of trying to hold him accountable for anything.
“It’s not fraud, it’s.. um.. false advertising!”

Yep agreed. Total douchelord. And yeah the only people I had sympathy for in the whole thing were the locals.

Um... hell fucking yes. Can't believe I missed this last year!

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/04/dark-season-2-first-look-release-details-1201954474/

The “Dark” Season 2 first look finds Jonas Kahnwald (Louis Hofmann) navigating a post-apocalyptic village. As “Dark” fans already know, Season 1 ended on a major cliffhanger as Jonas was transported to a new timeline in the year 2052. The photos below suggest the town of Winden is quite bleak several years into the future.

“Dark” does not have a Season 2 release date, but production begins June 25. Expect the series to return to Netflix in early 2019.

Reactions: Slayed Necros