The Official Good Television Thread

it's a crime show now, but with an uninteresting storyline and no "morality" questions at play (ala Law and Order). Only reason to conclude the season at this point is to see what the twist is that they have been dangling in front of our faces for 7 episodes now. Characters are lackluster if not boring. No literary elements worth gnawing over, no camera or sound work for the hipsters to fawn over. Just average. Story is so weak that the writers made what I can best call a filler episode before the finale. Just laughably bad. Hope he made enough dinero off season 1 to take another couple decades to write something good because jesssssssus christ

If it was made for women by women, Ein might say it was worth watching. But men? To the scrap heap! (and rightly so).

Reactions: Slayed Necros
^
I haven't seen the 7th episode yet but my impressions so far were that it could have been a very good 2 hour movie, rather than a fucking 8 hour series.

Story is so weak that the writers made what I can best call a filler episode before the finale.

Yeah if the 7th episode is a filler as you say, then the series is definitely a disappointment. Could trim it into 4 episodes easily. Or add something more in the mix. Waste of the amazing acting and make-ups.

Finally got around to watching the latest choose your own adventure Black Mirror. Cool idea with lots of good stuff in it but it fell flat at the end.

Watching Russian Doll aka modern Groundhog Day currently

Reactions: Slammed
TBH I didn't really like the girl in the main role and that made it a bit hard to get into the first few episodes. But it definitely got better, and sillier at times, as the episodes went on, especially the stairs bit and how she got out of the apartment. I really liked the "hair guy" she met, thought he was a weirdly cool character. (deliberately vague in case you haven't got that far yet)

I’m only a couple of eps in bit yeah I’ve seen hair guy. I don’t mind the lead character, she reminds me of a few people I know haha

it's a crime show now, but with an uninteresting storyline and no "morality" questions at play (ala Law and Order). Only reason to conclude the season at this point is to see what the twist is that they have been dangling in front of our faces for 7 episodes now. Characters are lackluster if not boring. No literary elements worth gnawing over, no camera or sound work for the hipsters to fawn over. Just average. Story is so weak that the writers made what I can best call a filler episode before the finale. Just laughably bad. Hope he made enough dinero off season 1 to take another couple decades to write something good because jesssssssus christ

If it was made for women by women, Ein might say it was worth watching. But men? To the scrap heap! (and rightly so).

Yep, I've been thoroughly bored by season 3. Even season 2 was significantly better. I'll watch the last episode for the big reveal (which hopefully isn't as stupid as the Sharp Objects twist) but I'm not expecting much.

(disclaimer: haven't seen episode 7 yet)

I like the season so far in terms of tone and atmosphere and all and the performances have been fantastic (Ali, Dorff and the guy who plays the victims' dad especially) but I have to agree that yeah it's kinda boring. Needs to really stick the landing or it'll be a dud season.

(disclaimer: haven't seen episode 7 yet)

I like the season so far in terms of tone and atmosphere and all and the performances have been fantastic (Ali, Dorff and the guy who plays the victims' dad especially) but I have to agree that yeah it's kinda boring. Needs to really stick the landing or it'll be a dud season.

I think it's too derivative of season one to merit much applause. Everything you say is accurate, but it feels like a rehash. Even if the finale brings it home, I'm not sure it can be so redeeming as to merit rewatches (unlike season one, which I've rewatched multiple times--and which still holds up).

i won't go into details but i think episode 7 proved that it won't be sticking the landing. i've found it pretty decent even so, but it's not being held up against one of my favourite seasons of television like it is for you guys. after it's done i'm gonna rewatch season 1 to a) try to understand why it's so beloved this time or b) gather my thoughts on why i'm not that huge on it, then i'll watch season 2 for the first time as well.

it chose to be held against season1 by mimicking the format and even going so far to waste time bringing the details in from season 1.

it chose to be held against season1 by mimicking the format and even going so far to waste time bringing the details in from season 1.

Ah yeah that was unnecesary.

Also the multi-timeline storytelling is starting to get really annoying and it must be there only to lead to some grand revelations in the last episode so we'll see next week.