The Official Good Television Thread

so how the fuck is your phony ass going to tell me what the show is about and intends to execute?

Because I said "rewatch" you dunce. That Implies I've already watched some of the show. I watched it up to like season 5 or 6 and stopped. The subtext was well established by then and anytime I saw anything about the newer episodes it simply reinforced the theme.

jesus christ

**dude with gun tells everyone what to do
"look at how early societies form!"

You're being obtuse and reductionist for no reason.

You're being obtuse and reductionist for no reason.

you don't realize any literary piece can be de-constructed and propped up as some sort of grandiose display of intelligence
You really need to keep up with the fucking argument.

I said women majority support garbage TV, that we see on basic cable. Never said Sex and the city or Insecure or Girls were garbage, they were just shows made by women for women. And then you throw this show into the ring when it's nothing different than those three shows. Made by women, for women and enjoyed by women. How does that help anything with your point?

I said women majority support garbage TV, that we see on basic cable. Never said Sex and the city or Insecure or Girls were garbage, they were just shows made by women for women. And then you throw this show into the ring when it's nothing different than those three shows. Made by women, for women and enjoyed by women. How does that help anything with your point?

All quality television by any significant measure (i.e. not yours).

Didn't say it wasn't quality, in fact i've watched all 3 in completion -- except for the latest of Insecure. But you've just abandoned any argument here, women watch TV made by women for women -- my point in the beginning. We'll see what Sharp Objects is about another day.

Nobody said it was a subtext that was grandiose in its intelligence. It's a pretty basic, generic subtext TBH. Common of 99% of post-apocalyptic fiction in fact.

there's a reason you chose the words you did to "explain" Walking Dead. "analyze the way the show represents how hierarchies form and societies form around power structures enforced by strong individuals." -- you've always attempted to masquerade as intelligent, maybe it's because of how Aussies treat natives or how the SJW's treated your demise, but there is no need. The world where people like Ein live don't appreciate us, they like their kind. No need to fit in with that mess.

Didn't say it wasn't quality, in fact i've watched all 3 in completion -- except for the latest of Insecure. But you've just abandoned any argument here, women watch TV made by women for women -- my point in the beginning. We'll see what Sharp Objects is about another day.

I've abandoned nothing, you've just walked away completely from your original comment. Whatever.

there's a reason you chose the words you did to "explain" Walking Dead. "analyze the way the show represents how hierarchies form and societies form around power structures enforced by strong individuals." -- you've always attempted to masquerade as intelligent, maybe it's because of how Aussies treat natives or how the SJW's treated your demise, but there is no need. The world where people like Ein live don't appreciate us, they like their kind. No need to fit in with that mess.

False. I've stated many many times on this very site that I'm not very intelligent and have expressed many times during a debate that I can feel my limits being reached. The part you quoted still stands, the show does do that.

female audiences enjoy, support and thrive on garbage. impossible to make that crossover.

did forget bravo picked up season 4 of true detective

at least it happened quickly this time. talking in generalities right to "not all viewers on Bravo are women!"

women get their own channel(at least 2? lifetime and hallmark?) and time of day (9am -> 4pm) and what is on? Who is Real Housewives of every city in America for? I think it's pretty fair to say good TV and good film is propped up by male viewing and male dollars. Grey's Anatomy is like the longest tenured show in however long, and i've seen every damn episode, and it's just garbage.

I've abandoned nothing, you've just walked away completely from your original comment. Whatever.

No, youve just misunderstood what I've called garbage from the get go.

But this is done, women support shows made by and for women and that was my point all along. TD is ignored simply because the leads are male and the storyline isn't overly feminine if feminine at all.

False. I've stated many many times on this very site that I'm not very intelligent and have expressed many times during a debate that I can feel my limits being reached. The part you quoted still stands, the show does do that.

It's not important that it does it or not, it's important if it does it effectively or not. You're grasping low hanging fruit and saying the show is good because it simply copies what is already in the zombie context.

love how this thread just devolved into an argument
and it wasn't even in response to anything that i posted this time
awesome
hahahahahahaha

:lol: i guess? at least CIG stopped talking about forcing himself to watch the new twin peaks season again just to see if he could fit in with the hipsters of the world
Are you surprised? He's always looking for a place to fit in and a convo to jump in.

I'd have to agree with you on Einhercommie having pretty shitty taste when it comes to TV and movies though. That's undeniable

Last edited:
What's really funny is that you were so obsessed with trying to get a rise out of me that you couldn't stop using that name. Just sitting at your computer screen praying I'd come humor you so that you could go off on one of your rants. I have to admit, every once in a while it's amusing to come push your buttons.

What's really funny is that you were so obsessed with trying to get a rise out of me that you couldn't stop using that name. Just sitting at your computer screen praying I'd come humor you so that you could go off on one of your rants. I have to admit, every once in a while it's amusing to come push your buttons.

... trying? :lol: I've made you type out walls of texts trying to explain yourself because of it, and you were clearly annoyed as fuck in a lot of them. I mean, i can go ahead and quote some of those goldmines for you if need be.

Anyway, you're one of my favorite people to grill on this forum. I enjoy pressuring pretenders any chance i get.