The Official Good Television Thread

Something that weirds me the hell out about Justified is that a song by my brother's country band can be heard in two different episodes of the series.

Swedish country band? Things done changed since I left the motherland.

giphy.gif

Reactions: rms
shit, is s3 of Dark new? for some reason I thought I had watched s3 a year ago

Well, given which series we're talking about, it's very possible you did watch s3 a year ago.

what do you think about Claudia being able to break the cycle and the idea that Eve could manipulate things all along? Seemed like it kind of broke the consistency of the show there.

I don't know if I can determine if s03 made sense without rewatching the whole series. But the season did lose me the more it invented new rules, like cause and effect becoming unlinked during a nuclear meltdown, for some reason. Definitely felt like there were some ass pulls just so they could undermine the fatalism of closed loop time travel.

Finished the first season. Gotta say Dark did a crazy good job with casting, not once was I confused as to who some older or younger version of a character was. Plenty of movies couldn't do the job of casting an actor who looked like the older or younger version of a character, yet this show has managed to do just that with a way bigger cast.

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
I watched season 1 of that Unhappily Married (mentioned a few pages back...or somewhere). Calling it a MWC rip off is definitely warranted and there was some funny parts in it but if it wasn't for Bobcat I don't think I'd have made through all 13 episodes.

I also watched the Big Show Show. It wasn't anything special but it was a time waster, it was however good to see Mark Henry and Mick Foley do some pointless acting.

Finished the first season. Gotta say Dark did a crazy good job with casting, not once was I confused as to who some older or younger version of a character was. Plenty of movies couldn't do the job of casting an actor who looked like the older or younger version of a character, yet this show has managed to do just that with a way bigger cast.

Yeah, the casting is absolutely bonkers in this regard. It's like they literally traveled in time to film the actors at different ages.

Reactions: CiG
Well, what can I say. I thought S3 of Dark was really good.

I mean, how much more fucked up can you get than Jonas being his own great great great great grandfather, or whatever. :lol:

But I can see why some people would be displeased. It did introduce a lot of new elements; but I think that was the only way to wrap up without breaking its own rules.