The Official Good Television Thread

According to the original rumor back in February, which got the working title and the Netflix involvement correct, it will have 25 hour-long episodes and an $85 million budget.

Have you still not seen The Return btw?

I read this fast as "25-hour-long episodes" and thought "sounds about right."

giphy.gif

The fuck, it's ending? I thought there were tons more books left to go.

Well, guess this is as good a reason as any to check out the actual books.

EDIT: I checked the subreddit to see if I could find a spoiler-free answer to what's going on. Apparently there are some major changes between books 6 and 7 that would make the last three books difficult to adapt, so 6 makes sense as an endpoint for the TV series. I also learned that apparently Cas Anvar has been let go over a deluge of sexual assault/harassment allegations.

Last edited:
Well shit, that's disappointing to hear. But as long as Naomi and Amos are still around, I'll be happy.

I've only read Leviathan Wakes, but I've heard vague comments to the effect that later books get massively complex.

I also learned that apparently Cas Anvar has been let go over a deluge of sexual assault/harassment allegations.

lol good, that character is awful. characterisation/dialogue isn't really that show's strong point IMO (with some notable exceptions), but he's gotta be the nadir, i cringe like every time he speaks.

also nearly finished dark. on the one hand, the deterministic a-b-a structure while intellectually satisfying inevitably gives everything a whiff of the perfunctory when it starts winding around, but on the other hand it's pseudo-twin peaks with temporal shenanigans and tragic fatalism and multiple kreator references so obviously it is my shit.

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
Sounds like he's still gonna be in s05 though, so you'll have to put up with him a bit more if you're keeping up with that show.

Watching Dragon Ball. Nostalgia for me, bright colors for daughter, who seems to be a fan.

it can drag a little bit it can be pretty funny... Murasaki falling on Goku’s power pole and getting it lodged in his asshole, then smacking it off a tree will never make me not laugh. Krillin calling General Blue a flaming homo is awesome non-pc shade too.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
New season fucking rocks, they simplified a bit plot-wise and I think it's for the better. It's just a blast to watch. Haven't seen the most recent one yet, might watch later tonight.

Watching the Netflix show about the Elisa Lam case, Vanishing at Cecil Hotel. Total guilty pleasure shit, but a fun watch. For those who don't know about the case, it's creepy as fucking hell.

Lost interest in Clarice, might pick it up again once the season ends.

Not really watching anything right now, anybody have any recommendations? Slowly making my way through a few shows but nothing I would consider engrossing. That show The Terror looks pretty cool but I don't know anybody who has seen it yet so I'm trepidatious about investing any time in it. :/

Mostly just grinding mindlessly through Yu Yu Hakusho, Law & Order SVU, Mad Men and Mr Robot when I'm feeling attentive enough... Bleh.