The Official Good Television Thread

I watched the first episode of The Terror and thought it was pretty interesting. I ended up checking out that Ricky Gervais series After Life on Netflix afterwards and binged like 6 straight episodes lmao. Misfits is on Stan so I'll definitely check that out next, have the whole day free so I'm planning to veg out.

Edit: First episode of Misfits was pretty good. At first I was like "this is a bit naff" but it had me by the end.

the terror is hard to binge watch as it’s the most harrowing shit. every episode is just ‘surely things can’t get worse........ oh’

and i think the misfits’ whole approach is to set itself and its characters up as tacky and juvenile but then making you do a double take haha. it’s all in the writing for me ultimately, there are probably fifty other british shows with this kind of tone that i’d completely hate.

i haven’t seen after life, maybe i should. i used to love gervais’ stuff but he’s crawled so far up his own ass at this point it’s hard to even look at him.

4a13d58aa722c95b8ce4c60dc8e3690b.gif

the terror is hard to binge watch as it’s the most harrowing shit. every episode is just ‘surely things can’t get worse........ oh’

and i think the misfits’ whole approach is to set itself and its characters up as tacky and juvenile but then making you do a double take haha. it’s all in the writing for me ultimately, there are probably fifty other british shows with this kind of tone that i’d completely hate.

i haven’t seen after life, maybe i should. i used to love gervais’ stuff but he’s crawled so far up his own ass at this point it’s hard to even look at him.

Gervais has definitely become the smug king of the atheists over the years and some of that is in the show but I didn't find it unbearable. Mostly the show is very bittersweet. Little example of what I mean (not very spoilery)
is he's smoking heroin with a local junkie and as he zones out the junkie gets up and steals from his wallet, Gervais just watches unable to do anything, then he lies down and it cuts to him lying in his dead wife's lap.
There's a lot of that kind of mixture of sappiness and crudeness that you don't see very often, it really works for me. There's also a lot of classic sardonic banter.

Made for Love is a pretty funny show. Nothing groundbreaking, but solid dark humor.

Also, Christin Milioti has a great comedic delivery. She’s both awkward and endearing.

Well that revealed fuck all!
I hope they don't fuck up what was once a good show.

It revealed he has, or knows someone who has, an axe too, so there was more to that 10 seconds than immediately meets the eye.

Nah I don't think so. I think I remember reading recently that Jack's hotel was either being pulled down or under going major refurb.

Isn't he in Canda now, (or was it Alaska)? He could just be killing seals, or eskimos