The Official Good Television Thread

After rewatching Breaking Bad I still don't get how anybody was rooting for Walt in the end. Poisoning kids, letting Jesse's girlfriend OD, the endless greed and ego controlling his actions, his nonstop lying, his nonstop manipulating. It's hard to pinpoint but I definitely lose most of my sympathy for him every time I watch the show lmao.

The only real redeeming quality he has is his impressive ability to 4D chess everybody I suppose. But he's so weaselly that it's hard to admire.

This is my 3rd time, I think. Don't get me wrong Walt is one of the best written characters ever, but man is he an irredeemable cunt lmfao.

the OD scene is so fucked. i remember i actually had to rewind and rewatch that to make sure i interpreted it correctly because i couldn’t believe it went there, i wanted to believe there was just nothing walt could do or something.

Whoever hasn't seen Mayor of Kingstown yet, get on that shit. Taylor Sheridan has created another well written and directed show with quite possibly Jeremy Renner's best performance.
mok_social_1200x627_1.jpg

Anyone else watched Brand New Cherry Flavor on Netflix? I'm three episodes in and very much enjoying this bit of campy oddball horror.

9a5017ee8d77d409a0e114da310bbc8458ace941.gifv

Reactions: CiG
If it is, I wasn't aware. It has a very different vibe than Channel Zero, at least as far as I recall. My memories are mostly of "No End House" and I remember it being really gloomy and bleak. Brand New Cherry Flavor is campy and fun.

Did you, you fucking pissant? Or did you just Google it and learn that it’s based on a book?

And what the hell does my reading it or not have to do with what I said?

i usually read the source-material ahead of watching a movie or TV show as preparation for watching anything that's based on pre-existing source-material

and honestly
thought you would have noticed this based on my comments in the movie threads

Reading the book before the adaption is just self-sabotage because nothing is ever as good as the source material.
i learned how to read before kindergarten and my 1st grade teacher caught me reading a Stephen King book
and i sometimes have gaps of time where i'm spending more time with Drizzt Do'Urden and Anita Blake than interacting with real-life-people
and to me at least, reading the source-material before watching the movie/TV-show was just always automatic prep-work

it's how i ended up reading the Twilight Saga (Edward was a horribly-written-character and Bella was obviously an "Author-Insert")
it's how i ended-up reading the movie-tie-in version of Kiss The Girls with Morgan Freeman's face on the cover
and also how i ended up reading through the entirety of the book Battlefield Earth instead of giving up half-way-through
Battlefield Earth is a really long book
over 750 pages in hardcover, 1000+ in paperback
the copy of Battlefield Earth i read was the Movie-tie-in
The book was reissued in 2000 with a new cover, in connection with the release of the film adaptation.

Like I said, self-sabotage. It only ever primes you to hate the adaption.
except for Blade, Watchmen and The Wizard of Oz
those 3 movies were IMO actually better than the source material

also
every once in a while, you get a movie where the specific people who didn't read the source-material get confused and can't follow the plot of the movie, but IIRC, this is really rare