The Official Good Television Thread

Sucks and is totally fucking typical that Terriers got axed.

Anyways as there hasn't been much to watch lately just been rewatching The Wire. Up to season 5. Show is still awesome.

I can't really watch The Big Bang Theory tbh, other than to gaze at Kaley Cuoco. Other than that the whole "LOL WERE NERDS SEE WATCH US ACT LIKE STEREOTYPICAL NERDS" thing just sorta gets on my nerves.

I've watched most of TBBT and I enjoy it. It's obviously greatly exaggerated for dubiously comedic effect but I can relate to the characters quite a lot.

What really bothers me about it are moments like the first few seconds of this video:

What I'm talking about is the laugh track after Sheldon brings up the subject of teleportation. I find this example particularly offensive because I've had this exact same conversation. How the hell is it a laughing matter? There was no joke! Does a discussion of potential future technology constitute as a joke in American television?

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha. I recently started watching The Big Bang Theory and i really like it. The guys are pretty hilarious, especially Sheldon.

The Big Bang Theory is awful.

It's filled with awful cliched stereotypes all in one person(which is extremely rare when it comes to real life nerds), and the jokes are awful as well, and really only make nerd references that none nerds will see and think "OH HEY I KNOW STARTREK, I'M SUCH A NERD". I'll take the IT Crowd instead, even the latest season which wasn't as good as the others.

Will and Grace.

Now, I'm not a homo. I love women...I'm married to one. Yes, am a little prejudice to certain things that make me uneasy. I like to consider myself a regular somewhat tough guys-guy...have a passion for all that is Vikings and Gladiators...epic war movies are my favorite genre.

WILL AND GRACE IS STILL ONE OF THE FUNNIEST BEST SHOWS I'VE EVER WATCHED AND STILL WATCH!

8 days and counting- SPARTACUS gods of the arena

What really bothers me about it are moments like the first few seconds of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eTUz61LNjo

What I'm talking about is the laugh track after Sheldon brings up the subject of teleportation. I find this example particularly offensive because I've had this exact same conversation. How the hell is it a laughing matter? There was no joke! Does a discussion of potential future technology constitute as a joke in American television?

What's funny is the fact that it is so abrupt. Do you really think the laugh track is there because it's a funny subject? No, It's there because it's a funny way to start a discussion' it's unorthodox.

The Big Bang Theory is awful.

It's filled with awful cliched stereotypes all in one person(which is extremely rare when it comes to real life nerds), and the jokes are awful as well, and really only make nerd references that none nerds will see and think "OH HEY I KNOW STARTREK, I'M SUCH A NERD". I'll take the IT Crowd instead, even the latest season which wasn't as good as the others.

I understand you don't get most of the jokes that's why you think it's awful. Most of the jokes done on that show are related to physics and the universe.

Uh I've only seen a few episodes but I've hardly seen any physics jokes.

Also, can someone explain what's funny about .11? or the whole video?

or this whole clip?

Last edited by a moderator:
will and grace sucks, big bang theory sucks, it crowd sucks, *leaves thread*

actually, did any of the brits here watch that father ted special on channel 4 the other day? reminded me just how amazing it was.

Watching That Metal Show with Phil Anselmo as the guest and have come to the conclusion he is completely fucking crazy... but in a good way. Kind of annoying at first, but it becomes entertaining after ahile. He doesn't hold back

It's been awhile since I've listened to Pantera.

Sorry, i really didn't know where to post this

I understand you don't get most of the jokes that's why you think it's awful. Most of the jokes done on that show are related to physics and the universe.

FUCKING LOL! :lol:

Typical retort of someone being told their shit sucks: "You just don't understand it man :Spin:"

I understand most of the "jokes" made on the show. They're just not funny in the fucking slightest, and some of the characters are just annoying, overblown, and fucking shitty. Especially Sheldon, who I'd like to drill in the head with a jackhammer.

"LOOK IM A NERD GUYS HEY I HAVE SOCIAL INABILITIES AND I HAVE TROUBLE MAKING FRIENDS BECAUSE EVERYTHING FOR ME IS AN INTELLECTUAL MATTER, AND AS A RESULT I HAVE TROUBLE RELATING TO NORMAL PEOPLE, ISNT THAT ABSOLUTELY FUCKING ZONKERS?!?! LOOK I EVEN DREW A FUCKING FLOW CHART, FUCKING WHOA!!"

Help, I may have exhausted tv. Can someone recommend me something really fucking good that I haven't seen plz thx.