The Official Good Television Thread

Didn't think the finale was quite as good as the absurdly brilliant Crawl Space episode, but it was still amazing. But a lot of it proceeded exactly the way I expected it to and there were a few subplots I hoped it would involve that it didn't.

I finally saw it last night and I agree. Also without trying to spoil it for anyone who has yet to see it, the scene where Gus walks out of the room and adjusts his tie in that state seemed completely unrealistic to me.

So has anyone watched the new HBO series Strike Back?

I watched the first two episodes and I was like holy shit, this is an intense thrill ride.

It reminded me of The Unit alot which makes me want to watch it more, but this seems to be far better.

I highly recommend checking this out if you guys are into this kind of stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
The trailer looks cheesy, I'll agree, but it's so much better.

1st Episode

2nd Episode

Last edited by a moderator:
The season premiere of The Walking Dead was okay. The acting still isn't very good but hey... zombies.

finally watched the season premiere of walking dead. I actually thought this was one of the better episodes. That blond chick still annoys the shit out of me though. I hope she gets her face eaten off

finally watched the season premiere of walking dead. I actually thought this was one of the better episodes. That blond chick still annoys the shit out of me though. I hope she gets her face eaten off

She's one of the main characters and is a badass sniper in the comics. The Walking Dead is fucking weak compared to the comics. That show should be a lot better than it is. I'm surprised it already got renewed for a 3rd season.

Sons of Anarchy has been better than the 3rd season. It's such a goofy/trashy show yet I feel compelled to watch.

I recently watched The Shield and it's easily the best show I've seen from FX. I thought it peaked in season 5 but the final two seasons were really good. The series finale was great.

I'm a few episodes behind on Sons of Anarchy, but the last two I watched (5 and 6) were really boring. At least this season has some great guest stars; Rockmond Dunbar, Ray McKinnon, DANNY FUCKING TREJO.

The new season of Dexter seems a large step up from the fifth.

Spent the last month watching all of The Shield. It was alright. I could've (should've) done something better with my time. Comparisons to The Wire can fuck off. My one-word review of it: "Meandering." It really lacked a sense of direction. Dutch was my favorite character, but I got really sick of watching him take on dull business-as-usual cases while Vic and the strike team were at least for the most part involved in something vaguely resembling a plot. Seven fucking seasons and Dutch only ever nudged the main plot in passing at best, yet he's one of the characters with the most screen time.

I've been watching a new Aussie drama called The Slap, it's actually good, and it being good and Australian is quite a feat. It's set where I live, and the storyline revolves around the repercussions of a young brat being slapped in the face at a bbq by someone who isn't his father. Each episode is done from the perspective of a different main character.

I've also been sucked in to Friday Night Lights, it's a soapie but quite well done. It's actually given me an appreciation for American football, but I still have no fucking clue what most of the rules are.

I used to watch The Shield on tv a couple of years ago. I don't have that channel anymore. Now that i have a fast internet connection, i'm thinking of downloading the first seasons using torrent.

Sons of Anarchy is at full throttle right now! Holy shit- the last two episodes.

Also on FX (weds)- American Horry Story has been quite enjoyable. I usually don't like redheads...but wow the younger (ghost version?) of the french maid is smoking!! Unfortunately she hasn't been seen enough in the last two episodes.

AMC's- Hell On Wheels premired this past week...looks like it has potential.
http://www.amctv.com/hell-on-wheels/videos/amcs-first-look-at-hell-on-wheels

I gave up (probably a bit too early) on Hell on Wheels.

American Horror Story- has been insanely good! The on-going presentation of all the characters, both in thier history and current place on the show...they've been mind-blowing revelations.