The Official Good Television Thread

I've been watching Modern Family lately. It's pretty good.

I love MF!! It's one of the few shows that is funny without having to be stupid.

I like Big Bang Theory, anyone else into it?

TBBT is hilarious! I've been following this show since season 1 and it hasn't let me down.

I also started watching a HBO comedy called New Girl recently which I wouldn't recommend for the guys though.

Game of Thrones and Spartacus are also interesting. On top of a set of talented cast, they're full of politics, blood & gore and sex - the perfect recipe for drama.

I haven't really watched Spartacus but I can't wait for the new season for Game of Thrones. I've been reading the books and they're mint. There's a series that one of my mates just introduced to me called Secret Girlfriend. I haven't actually watched it though. Thoughts?

Spartacus is the best!

Vengeance- kicks off at the end of the month. Even better they will commence work in the spring on yet another chapter / season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently watching How TV Ruined Your Life. Written & presented by Charlie Brooker. Essential and hilarious viewing.

I like Big Bang Theory, anyone else into it?

Sheldon is amazing! Completely makes that show, a bit like Barney makes HIMYM. Go Barney.
I don't watch much TV to be honest but I loved the newer Battlestar Galactica series so very much and Arrested Development was also refreshing some years back. Might watch the latter all over again actually.

Hell on Wheels went downhill. The finale was so unclimactic; it just wasn't enjoyable.

I feel like the writers have a good story in their hands, but their characters suffer immensely. Several times they've written characters to act in ways that don't complement their characterization. Like (not really a spoiler) the Swede getting down on his knees and begging Bohannon for mercy; the Swede would never fucking do that!!