The Official Good Television Thread

Season 4 of The Walking Dead starts tonight at 9 on AMC. Can't wait.

Isn't what starts tonight the second half of season 3? Still have yet to see any of 3....I just started watching 1 and 2 on Netflix towards the end of 2012. I don't know where to watch any of 3 since it's not on Netflix yet...

Just finished watching the Walking Dead... can someone please just kill Carl off already? What a terrible actor. :/

American Horror Story Season 2 was awesome. Sure it didn't know what kind of horror story it wanted to be (aliens? satanic? serial killer?) but I really enjoyed it anyways.

Balls Mc: Yeah you're right it's the continuation of Season 3.

Dan Simmons' novel The Terror is being made into a TV show by AMC
And the first cable network looking to capitalize on the massive mainstream success of The Walking Dead TV show is … Walking Dead network AMC. After proving that modern horror can draw audiences to rival — and, in some cases, beat — the big broadcast networks with the adaptation of Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard’s long-running zombie comic, the network is developing a second horror drama based on Dan Simmons’ aptly named 2007 novel The Terror.

The Terror offers a fictionalized version of the real-life “lost expedition” of British Royal Navy officer Captain Sir John Franklin in 1845, in which two vessels, the HMS Erebus and the HMS Terror, became trapped in ice in the Canadian Arctic, leading to the eventual deaths of both ships’ crews. While the true story of what happened to the expedition is both mysterious and grisly, Simmons’ take on it is far more ready-for-television, featuring a mythological beast hunting the crews and continually fracturing alliances and relationships between the human survivors.

Much as it did with The Walking Dead, which was originally the product of producer Gail Anne Hurd (Alien, Terminator) and writer/director Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption), AMC is relying on well-regarded genre veterans to usher the show into reality. Blade Runner and Prometheus director Ridley Scott will be executive producer for the series, while his production company, Scott Free, pairs with Television 360 (Game of Thrones) to bring the show to screen. A pilot script is currently being written by David Kajganich, a screenwriter whose previous credits include 2007′s Invasion of the Body Snatchers remake, The Invasion.

Anyone seen the Tosh O episode where some guy is like 'I'M A BANANA!. At first he's not a banana, but then he's actually a banana and going I'M A BANANA I'M A BANANA!. I was laughing even during the commercials.

Von Trier's The Kingdom is fucking awesome, I can't believe I've passed up on it for so long. It's simultanously creepy and funny in some bizarre way.

Finally watched the first half of Season 5 of Breaking Bad, now what the fuck is going to happen?

I've also been watching a shitload of classic Simpsons episodes. Easily one of the best shows in its prime. To bad it's been shit for years now.

Calling it right now: Jesse is going to kill Walt, and then turn himself in.

been watching Weeds the past few weeks. the first 3 seasons are good but then it seems the writers ran out of ideas and are stretching out a really shitty plot for the remainder of the series.

Walts family gets killed and Walt becomes a badass down in Mexico

Anyone else watching Vikings? It's pretty cool

Yes indeed...Vikings has been quite good so far. History channel has had a nice run of series lately. I think the same (Vikings) creators also produced the Hatfields and McCoys...which was outstanding imo!

Season finale of Southland tonight. I love this show, hope it doesn't get canceled.

Luckily, The Borgias is back. Anyone here like either of those shows?