The Official Good Television Thread

^
That looks good.
Nice to see Mads Mikkelsen is back in the mix.

VIKINGS- started off nicely and has developed into one amazing series.

My Fridays and my life will never be the same without Sparty. What a show...what a run. Hail to the bringer of rain. ; )

I have seen a few episodes of Game of Thrones, but I want to read the first book before I start watching the show.

Been watching this tonight. Amazing that it didn't get renewed for a second season when it was on.

firefly_mmo.jpg

Have any of you been watching Hannibal? The first episode just came out over here and it looks very promising.

I also just started watching Dexter on Netflix and, while I've really been enjoying it so far, it has the worst use of "Previously" I've ever seen. It always starts after the opening credits and goes on for about two minutes. Who thought that was a good idea?

Dexter is great for the first 5 seasons, then stop good sir

Yeah, it doesn't look like it would hold up for 8 seasons or whatever it's on now. I only started watching it after a colleague told me that the end of season 4 rivalled the end of Se7en. I'm glad they're wrapping Breaking Bad up before it overstays its welcome.

Dexter is enjoyable up to season 5, but it's really a pretty fucking awful show through and through. My favorite part of the whole series up until now has been Lithgow in season 4.

Finally got around to watching Mad Men last week. I'm already halfway through season 3. Pretty damn awesome but falls short of the absolute greats like The Wire, Breaking Bad, and the like.

Speaking of The Wire, I'm thinking of re-watching all of Generation Kill after seeing it for the first time a couple of months ago. Fucking brilliant stuff. Can anyone attest to the comparable quality of Treme?

The problem with Dexter is that it never goes everywhere. They tell the same story over and over every season, and every time there's a chance of development, they retcon it. The first season is one of my favorite things though, and I do like the character a lot. So I plan to watch it to the end. Plus, Yvonne Strahovski joining the cast last season made it more than bearable to sit through.

Dexter is enjoyable up to season 5, but it's really a pretty fucking awful show through and through. My favorite part of the whole series up until now has been Lithgow in season 4.

Finally got around to watching Mad Men last week. I'm already halfway through season 3. Pretty damn awesome but falls short of the absolute greats like The Wire, Breaking Bad, and the like.

Speaking of The Wire, I'm thinking of re-watching all of Generation Kill after seeing it for the first time a couple of months ago. Fucking brilliant stuff. Can anyone attest to the comparable quality of Treme?

I watched the first episode years ago, but it didn't really grab me..I need to watch it though i'm sure it's good.

That's because Fox executives are stupid.

they did the exact same thing with the original Star Trek, and all those superhero cartoons from the 1990s

the difference was just that with Star Trek TOS and all those superhero cartoons, each episode was self-contained enough that nobody noticed the episodes were broadcasted in a different order than production, but with Firefly, it was jarringly obvious that it had been done

if they'd broadcasted the episodes in the order that they were made, i think Firefly would have prolly gotten a second season