The Official Good Television Thread

Halo = Massively overrated and generally shit game, a TV series of it could possibly be the worst thing to happen the past 5 years.

Ok... How so? Did you even watch that 5 episode Mini Series "Halo: Forward Unto Dawn". Because you can't base an opinion from video game to TV if you haven't seen that mini series, it was fucking fantastic in it's own right, and I don't even play Halo that much anymore, because the past 2 games have been stale for me. It doesn't compare to Halo 2 and 3.

Just give it a try you might be surprised.

Last edited by a moderator:
EF, you're just ignorant if you can't at least acknowledge how great H1-3 were. Halo 3 was the pinnacle of competitive gaming imo. Then Bungie fucked up and tried to make 4 like call of duty.

Halo 3 was a great game. I dont see whats wrong with COD though. Black Ops and Black Ops 2 are amazing.

Halo 3 was a great game. I dont see whats wrong with COD though. Black Ops and Black Ops 2 are amazing.

If you like Copy and Paste games sure.

MW2 was the last great CoD game IMO... the series has been stale ever since, which is why I've moved on to Battlefield now. Although Call of Duty: Ghosts looks fucking awesome I gotta say, as much as I dislike too lol...

Mathias is right H3 was the pinnacle of competitive gaming.

I love how they handled zombies on BO2. A good game is a good game regardless of if its "copy and pasted" or not.

I'll say it right now, Treyarch COD >>>> Inifinty Ward COD

World at War was fucking awesome(best WW2 shooter IMO), and both of the Black Ops games(prefer the first one though) shit all over the last two Modern Warfare games, and that can't even be argued.

Mathiäs;10639550 said:
EF, you're just ignorant if you can't at least acknowledge how great H1-3 were. Halo 3 was the pinnacle of competitive gaming imo. Then Bungie fucked up and tried to make 4 like call of duty.

Competitive console shooters never existed..a fad for you high schoolers who can't compete on a pc

Competitive console shooters never existed..a fad for you high schoolers who can't compete on a pc

How does a 250,000$ MLG Tournament grand prize for Halo 3 sound. Competitive shooters for consoles didn't exist my ass. Halo 2 even had huge pro tournaments ffs.

:kickass:

Yep, the action and intensity is always different in every game and I still enjoy it immensely... Almost at max rank, after like 500+ hours.

Yep, I'm about a 30 Colonel. The size of the maps and possibilities in that game are endless. I don't see how any other shooter can be called better...they just seem inferior to BF. I got BF3 when it first came out in Oct. 2011 and it's pretty much all I play.

I will never play shooters on a computer just because of how fucking gay it is to click with your mouse and kill me with a sniper rifle.

Mathiäs;10639550 said:
EF, you're just ignorant if you can't at least acknowledge how great H1-3 were. Halo 3 was the pinnacle of competitive gaming imo.

Before it went Steam

7325.jpg

CS was fun, but Halo was much more competitive, and better for big tournaments and MLG. I played at the top levels of both games and it took more skill to be great at Halo than it did at CS. I will say CS > any COD game.

Also, Treyarch is total garbage. Poor graphics, shitty bullet registry, and poor gameplay overall.

Fucking lol, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

Mathiäs;10640555 said:
Also, Treyarch is total garbage. Poor graphics ... and poor gameplay overall.

Ummm, you do realize that they all run on the exact same game engine right? Outside from Treyarch polishing the visuals for their games, they look and run no different from each other whatsoever. As for bullet lag, i've experienced it in every COD game here and there.

What makes the Black Ops series better is simple .... better MP with far better maps, much better campaign mode, much better developer support .... oh and Zombies > spec ops.

Mathiäs;10640555 said:

He might be exagerrating a bit, but he's right ... this coming from a console gamer(mainly).

How does a 250,000$ MLG Tournament grand prize for Halo 3 sound. Competitive shooters for consoles didn't exist my ass. Halo 2 even had huge pro tournaments ffs.

Because it's popular makes it great? Sure it was the 'best' console shooter(I won't argue it because they are lame to play) but was it good? Halo hype hasn't even lasted close to the years CS has been around.

I will never play shooters on a computer just because of how fucking gay it is to click with your mouse and kill me with a sniper rifle.

I don't understand how a mouse is different than a controller, unless you play on a Wii and have that rifle controller thing

Mathiäs;10640555 said:
CS was fun, but Halo was much more competitive, and better for big tournaments and MLG. I played at the top levels of both games and it took more skill to be great at Halo than it did at CS. I will say CS > any COD game.

Also, Treyarch is total garbage. Poor graphics, shitty bullet registry, and poor gameplay overall.

Halo was just more popular because it cost 150$ for an Xbox while it would cost thousands for a good computer to compete, and you had to bring your PC with you everywhere..think of how much easier it is to compete when you only have to bring your controller and maybe your xbox(maybe tv) to a LAN event

COD was never a good competitive shooter but the originals were a fun FPS

I just read this shit, more skill to be good at Halo? CS is the ultimate team fps...isn't halo 2v2 TOPS? Get off that shit, go watch some old 1.5 videos on YouTube of team3D vs NoA or something and tell me that the game isn't 'easy'

Started LANning when I was probably 12 and competed in a lot of events before and after console gaming really took off..so probably know more than all of you and was CAL-IM so IN YO FACE NEWBS