The Official Good Television Thread

Ummm, you do realize that they all run on the exact same game engine right? Outside from Treyarch polishing the visuals for their games, they look and run no different from each other whatsoever. As for bullet lag, i've experienced it in every COD game here and there.

What makes the Black Ops series better is simple .... better MP with far better maps, much better campaign mode, much better developer support .... oh and Zombies > spec ops.

I know this, but for some reason (and most other people I've talked to about this) agree that Tryarch's games are shittier than IW's. The maps and guns are also always crap. Zombies in BO 1 was fucking great, though.

Because it's popular makes it great? Sure it was the 'best' console shooter(I won't argue it because they are lame to play) but was it good? Halo hype hasn't even lasted close to the years CS has been around.

Halo died because Bungie took it in a different (and terrible) direction. If they had expanded on 3 and made it better, it would've been HUGE.

Halo was just more popular because it cost 150$ for an Xbox while it would cost thousands for a good computer to compete, and you had to bring your PC with you everywhere..think of how much easier it is to compete when you only have to bring your controller and maybe your xbox(maybe tv) to a LAN event

Exactly, which is why console gaming > PC gaming any day.

I just read this shit, more skill to be good at Halo? CS is the ultimate team fps...isn't halo 2v2 TOPS? Get off that shit, go watch some old 1.5 videos on YouTube of team3D vs NoA or something and tell me that the game isn't 'easy'

Again, you have no fucking clue. H2/H3 are all 4v4. There are 2v2 game types online, but the competitions are all 4v4 and they require incredible skill and strategy to even be competent in. I've played CS and was probably way better than you were. Halo requires more of everything. You've never played the game, you've got no idea what you're talking about, shut the fuck up.

Started LANning when I was probably 12 and competed in a lot of events before and after console gaming really took off..so probably know more than all of you and was CAL-IM so IN YO FACE NEWBS

Congratulations. The ignorance you've been displaying in this discussion makes me highly doubt that you were anything more than a scrub that I would rape over and over again.

Shit just got real son

Mathiäs;10641451 said:
Halo died because Bungie took it in a different (and terrible) direction. If they had expanded on 3 and made it better, it would've been HUGE.

Where else would it have gone? Most popular console shooter...it couldn't make the crossover to PC though because it was lame, and I had the Halo game for PC

Exactly, which is why console gaming > PC gaming any day.
This is the silliest thing ever

Again, you have no fucking clue. H2/H3 are all 4v4. There are 2v2 game types online, but the competitions are all 4v4 and they require incredible skill and strategy to even be competent in. I've played CS and was probably way better than you were. Halo requires more of everything. You've never played the game, you've got no idea what you're talking about, shut the fuck up.

Whatever I remember Halo 1 being 2v2 but that was like 7 years ago and no I don't follow it because why would I? How can you say skill and strategy are more involved in a game where there are less players involved AND there are no real objectives? Isn't Halo deathmatch style only? There are no technical uses for grenades there are no strategies there is nothing like that..and if there are please hook me up with a YouTube link

Congratulations. The ignorance you've been displaying in this discussion makes me highly doubt that you were anything more than a scrub that I would rape over and over again.

I don't know why you're saying this, but I seriously am probably more intelligent than anyone on this board with competitive gaming because I wasted like 6 years of my life to just gaming and beating my dick like it owes me money

Whatever I remember Halo 1 being 2v2 but that was like 7 years ago and no I don't follow it because why would I? How can you say skill and strategy are more involved in a game where there are less players involved AND there are no real objectives? Isn't Halo deathmatch style only? There are no technical uses for grenades there are no strategies there is nothing like that..and if there are please hook me up with a YouTube link

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/MLG_(Halo:_3_playlist)

Slayer/deathmatch, multi flag, oddball, and king of the hill were the MLG gametypes. Grenades were used in a variety of situations in very precise/tactical ways. So yes, there was real strategy, and there were more objective based games played than slayer games in a competition.

I don't know why you're saying this, but I seriously am probably more intelligent than anyone on this board with competitive gaming because I wasted like 6 years of my life to just gaming and beating my dick like it owes me money

I'm not really being serious, but I did the same thing during high school and my first two years of college.

Mathiäs;10641451 said:

Yeah this.

It's disappointing really

and being pro at Halo is extremely difficult to win in tournaments like that, because those teams have tremendous skill and strategy aswell as communication.

I'm not saying PC didn't have any competitive gaming, but what's really huge that everyone was like "oh hey let's play this competitively" other than CS. Halo took it too a whole other level.

I don't even consider CoD to be competitive, those games are so fucking easy a 5 year old autistic kid could rape a whole team single handedly... (No I don't hate autistic kids lol).

I really want to play a 32 v 32 game in Battlefield with 31 other players who I would play with regularly all at the same time, talk about some epic shit!

Started watching this on a friend's recommendation

209214-battlestar_galactica_logo.jpg

Console gaming > PC gaming, and disagreeing is just straight-up wrong.

You aren't even old enough to appreciate the games that were around before your existence so your opinion really has no weight.

and being pro at Halo is extremely difficult to win in tournaments like that, because those teams have tremendous skill and strategy aswell as communication.
I am seriously trying to find examples of this on YouTube, where is it? Who is arguably the best team? Where can I watch their competitive videos?

I'm not saying PC didn't have any competitive gaming, but what's really huge that everyone was like "oh hey let's play this competitively" other than CS. Halo took it too a whole other level.
What does this mean? Are you referring to starcraft any other games being played competitively? How does that even make sense?

I don't even consider CoD to be competitive, those games are so fucking easy a 5 year old autistic kid could rape a whole team single handedly... (No I don't hate autistic kids lol).

What's the difference really in CoD vs. Halo? Large maps with pre-built weapon systems that influence no change or direct influence based on your playing style

I really want to play a 32 v 32 game in Battlefield with 31 other players who I would play with regularly all at the same time, talk about some epic shit!

Yes I would love to play battlefield which is by far the laggiest and worst registering FPS ever made with even more players..playing 16v16 is pretty much impossible, what's with you noobs!

You guys all have these opinions but have any of been to LAN's and competed? Ever? There is such a different world to a competitive side of a game that it seems like none of you have even scratched the surface of.

I would love to play battlefield which is by far the laggiest and worst registering FPS ever made with even more players..playing 16v16 is pretty much impossible, what's with you noobs!

PC? 32 V 32? Ring a fucking bell? And now Consoles with 60 Frames per second running 32 v 32 matches. Of all my time playing Battlefield on consoles, never have I encountered a laggy game. And this won't be any different

And are you seriously comparing CoD to Halo? Two completely different games. Genius.

As far as Halo teams go: Triggers Down, Str8 Rippin, Instinct, Carbon, Classic, Final Boss, Believe the Hype, Status Quo.

Those teams right there back in Halo 3 were top 8.

If you laugh at handhelds then you've obviously not played any of the games that have come out for the DS and 3DS because while they might not get the huge AAA titles they had/have massive support and are delivering a constant stream of great games.

I'd honestly say that the DS is the best gaming system of all time

Has anybody here kept up the the show Vice? The whole first season is pretty awesome. I just watched the finale, and, apparently, these guys were behind, at least partially, Dennis Rodman's going to North Korea with some of the Harlem Globe Trotters. They filmed the entire thing (what they were allowed to film, that is), which was the season finale.

Yeah Vice is a pretty solid show, can't see how anyone who isn't at least partially interested in world affairs wouldn't enjoy it

^I haven't watched it yet, but I've been meaning to. I'll check it out.

On a different note, I saw an ad for a new live-action sitcom called Dads. It's from Seth MacFarlane, and it looks funny as hell.

So has anyone else catched the revival of Whose Line is it anyway? tonight? I just finished watching both episodes about 2 hours ago, and I don't think I've laughed that much in a long time.

I didn't think Aisha Tyler (She's literally the coolest woman on the planet in my books) could fill Drew's shoes as host, but she fucking nailed it. And Wayne, Colin & Ryan they show no rust whatsoever. Amazing, and I like the idea of bringing in 1 special guest on each episode to involve them with a couple of the segments!