The Official Good Television Thread

Actually Jessica Lange has signed on for one more season. Next season (4) will be her last season supposeably. She is great. I agree on Assylum...truly a mindfuck season. Never have seen such strong powerful individual characters at one time. The German Doc, The Reporter, Bloodyface, The two Nuns of course, and the Angel of death. All prominant and well performed.

Yeah kind of not feeling Coven as much either, but its still pretty good. This seasons setting was originally suppose to be about the Charles Manson murders...Coven became the direction that they went in of course. Rumors are that they may revisit the Manson story in a future season and or base next season on a Vampire (i hope not) theme? Season-1 (in case you didnt know) was mainly a troubled family looking to start over, they move cross country and into a haunted house. It was as mind-blowing as Asylum, i just liked the setting and characters that was Asylum a bit more.

Oh sweet that's really good to hear that she has one more season under her belt. Yeah Asylum really got me excited about tv again. Coven seems to be geared more to a female audience and or an audience that doesn't really watch horror. It seems like a war between the voodoo witches and the coven witches, and that's cool I guess but definitely waiting for another layer to come in. Because right now it reminds me of Bring it On only thing with witches as oppose to cheerleaders...

The first season was really good too and had some really surprising twists. Asylum was just more bold. Iffy about them doing a vampire season as well. The Charles Manson murders would definitely make for a more interesting story and it isn't overdone.

Yes! The Axeman has been a nice addition.

Anyone else watching SOA? Man this season has been awesome! With all the usual spewage, it has brought deception and people getting played more than ever. Lastnites episode was as good as this show gets...major bombshell!

Tonight's Episode of The Walking Dead was amazing.

I've never seen an episode from a TV show with so many Highs and Lows.

FUCK ME!!!

The episode was flat out bad the first 45 minutes then all hell breaks loose and all the bad guys die. That's pretty lame honestly. 100000 shots fired, only enemies die.

Regarding the Breaking Bad finale, I think it's absolutely perfect if one doesn't look at it as a finale but simply as the last hour of a perfectly told story. I think the fact that it was so understated and didn't try to pull any real punches adds to my enjoyment of it, honestly. Anyway, "Ozymandias" was definitely the best episode of the series. I was really sad to see it go, and it's probably my second favorite series ever (next to The Wire, which just operates on a whole different level).

Speaking of The Wire, I finally checked out David Simon's series that he did before it, The Corner. Great stuff that comes off like a more journalistic version of his greatest TV work.

Why the fuck has The Wire not been released on blu-ray yet?

.... still haven't watched the series outside of a few episodes here and there.

I've got TWD episode from last night recorded, but i'm really in no rush to watch it. I usually end up watching it when there's nothing else on.

I'm about halfway through The Pacific and really enjoying it. Might just be the best mini-series/film i've seen on the Pacific theatre.