The Official Good Television Thread

Why the fuck has The Wire not been released on blu-ray yet?

.... still haven't watched the series outside of a few episodes here and there.

I've got TWD episode from last night recorded, but i'm really in no rush to watch it. I usually end up watching it when there's nothing else on.

I'm about halfway through The Pacific and really enjoying it. Might just be the best mini-series/film i've seen on the Pacific theatre.

Well that's probably because it's the only Pacific documentary I can think of? Pretty neglected part of televised History, next to the Korean war.

Regarding the Breaking Bad finale, I think it's absolutely perfect if one doesn't look at it as a finale but simply as the last hour of a perfectly told story. I think the fact that it was so understated and didn't try to pull any real punches adds to my enjoyment of it, honestly. Anyway, "Ozymandias" was definitely the best episode of the series. I was really sad to see it go, and it's probably my second favorite series ever (next to The Wire, which just operates on a whole different level).

Speaking of The Wire, I finally checked out David Simon's series that he did before it, The Corner. Great stuff that comes off like a more journalistic version of his greatest TV work.

There are tons of great shows and its hard to rank them in an order, but personally The Wire will always be #1 and I just rewatched all of it a month or so ago and the jump in quality from season 2 to season 3 is incredible.

I just downloaded Treme the other day, watched two episodes but not really sure where the show is heading other than 'New Orleans is awesome save it!!!!' perspective which would be lame, I think.

Haven't seen The Corner or this Homicide one, wonder if it's all right.

I mean out of that list how many have ever been talked about? I know River Kwai and Letters from Iwo Jima, but one was recent and the other isn't really about the Pacific Theatre in the sense of The Pacific. I'm also sure there are plenty of PBS WW2 footage but that's about it in that aspect.

I always thought BoB was pretty overrated.

So far The Pacific gets my vote ... better directing, cinematography and acting. But then again i'm only 5 episodes in, and i've watched BoB only once. I need to watch them both at least two times before i can make a solid decision.

Grimm Season 3 is monster fun so far.
Season 2 was slow.

Done with Episode 2 and 3.
2: had some real EWWW! moments.
Good fighting too.
3: Wonder what makes Nick tick...

Must say, SOA was quite a season...really enjoyed it! Last nites finally was as shocking, perplexing, sad, mind-blowing as anything holy crap!

I'm guessing season 7 is going to be final for SOA now. There's no hope for a happy ending any more so its death or prison for everyone involved I think. (And I assume death)

I'm guessing season 7 is going to be final for SOA now. There's no hope for a happy ending any more so its death or prison for everyone involved I think. (And I assume death)

Correct, next season (7) is the final. If it plays out supposably accordingly based on Shakespeare etc...yeah not ending all yippy nicey. However, though Sutter mentions it all ends next season...rumor has it due to the success he may introduce a prequel thing featuring the incarnation of the club. Like Jax's father's club etc. Im all in.