The Official Good Television Thread

UK is doing some good stuff with Black Mirror, Luther, the first two seasons of Sherlock and Black Orphan

New UK show on Netflix called Residue. Pretty good SF/horror/conspiracy thriller. Only three episodes though, hopefully it gets picked up...

Also, it's Orphan Black, not Black Orphan. :cool:

So Orphan Black has definitely kept up the intensity as of late with this most recent episode really being a high point for the show.

First cpl episodes of Texas Rising were OK. Slow start but seems to be building up nicely. At times feels like I'm watching a Disney movie... then it'll just get ruthless / vicious.

I stumbled across a (bad) review the other day and then checked its imdb and figured it probably is shit, which is a shame, so fuck watching it.

the justified final season owned. omg that last scene in duffy's van.

picking up with the latest season of 24 now. i'm excited 'cause i loved the last couple seasons (after not much liking 5 and skipping 6 iirc).

Yeah that scene had me quite aplexed.

Later-season 24 is underrated. 7's maybe my favorite season because it actually puts the supporting cast to good use. I love Bill and Renee.

I was kinda sad Raylan couldn't work things out with his bitchass ex wife, but overall it was a satisfying ending to a pretty frustrating season (I mean that in a good way).

Ray Donovan starts again soon and it looks sick as fuck.

New UK show on Netflix called Residue. Pretty good SF/horror/conspiracy thriller. Only three episodes though, hopefully it gets picked up...

Also, it's Orphan Black, not Black Orphan. :cool:

I kind of like my title better :lol:

So are we going to talk about how fucking awesome the latest episode of Game of Thrones was and how infuriating the last episode of Silicon Valley was?

I gave up on Silicon in the first season, but GoT is keeping up it's trend of taking 7+ episodes to have one worthy of talking about. Is next season going to be the huge fight at the wall or just have a period when winter occurs and it's an interlude?

Probably. This season of Silicon has been decent, but nowhere near as good as the first season. It follows a pretty simple formula. Gillfoyle and Dinesh joke with each other. Richard says something stupid and makes an ass out of himself and somehow fucks everything up. Erlich says something stupid. Jared then pipes in with something to further emasculate himself and make him seem like the oddest duck of the bunch.

The last two GoT episodes have been absolutely phenomenal. And i was starting to get worried because ep. 5 was probably the worst episode of the series.

Didn't get a chance to watch the new episode of Silicon Valley. But so far i think this season is pretty much on par with S1.

I think they've run out of ideas in Silicon Valley. The first three episodes I enjoyed, but after that it's just one fuckup after another. The end of season will be the CES I think, and they don't really have any plot until then. I expected the lawsuit to be a big thing, but it's just mentioned here and there. Agree on Richard and Erlich too. I miss Erlich being asshole that eventually solves the problem and Richard being an asshole doesn't really fit.

My boss just gave me an Amazon fire stick this morning! Now I need to sign up for Netflix or find someone to give me their password.
Stoked!
Also game of thrones is good but that last scene w jon snow was hella cheesy.

This season is awesome with the only exception of the cult arc in Kings Landing. What a load of shit.