The Official Good Television Thread

Agreed, it's pretty confusing. I rewatched a couple of midseason episodes to keep the characters straight, and even then I ended up forgetting who certain people were.

So Dragon Ball Super is coming to an end in March. Dunno if that means its finished or if they're going to continue DB under a different name.

If any of you guys that watch the show ever have any sympathy for Vegeta, he got probably his ultimate victory in the universe tournament today.

Toppo accepts his power as U11's new to be God of Destruction, he crushes Frieza within in inch of his existence and stomps 17. He then takes on Vegeta and it looks like a set up to take Vegeta out, like so many times before... but instead he crushes Toppo and eliminates him. Toppo was able to match Goku blow for blow and was considered one of the most powerful warriors in the tournament BEFORE accepting GoD duties.

Vegeta never gets to win a battle like that! What the hell is going on? He's probably going to get eliminated now because its Goku/Vegeta/17/Frieza vs Jiren and it always hinges on Goku only but I completely nerded out watching this episode and actually accidentally woke my wife up cheering.

Last edited:
The Last Kingdom was really good. I enjoyed the shit out of that show.
I started watching Knightfall but I was having trouble staying awake for the whole show so I stopped watching. All the episodes are up for the first season though so I think I'll pick back up where I left off.
Really enjoyed Frontier on Netflix as well.
And of course GoT, but I think pretty much everyone likes that show. The Hound is my spirit guide.

I feel like this is gonna be the final season of Ash vs Evil Dead, which makes me sad. It's not been a great season so far and the whole thing feels done to death.

He has a daughter he didnt know about and now he has to deal with her not understanding his world? Not a remotely interesting idea.

Yeah it is. We're behind on season two, but the first season was amazing.

I checked out the first two episodes of The Terror, on amc. There's a chance this could live up to the excitement of reading the original novel. And the cast is great.

Also, has anyone else watched the Channel Zero series on syfy??? I put this on one day thinking it would be a good way to kill some time, and ended up getting into it. The second series in particular, No-End House, was really good (dark as hell).

Been keeping up with Westworld in the meantime. Still good, feels more confusing and less enthralling than the first season--but still good.

Binge watching these shows. The only reasons I got a Hulu account until I realized they have the entire Highlander series as well. I'll probably cancel it at some point though since there's not a whole lot there that interests me:

Jack Bauer is our only hope
designated-survivor.jpg

Clare Danes is hot and I never really noticed her before
homeland.jpg

So, SyFy fucking cancelled The Expanse. I get the reasons why (has to do with the licensing agreement), but it's a serious loss, and will likely be a major gain for whatever streaming service decides to pick the show up. I'm sure one of them will, it has a loyal and substantial following.

Recently started Collateral, available on Netflix. Good show, complicated--clearly making a statement on the politics of the current immigration crises.