The Official Good Television Thread

I didn't really get into the original that much so I haven't bothered. Does he at least still smoke a bong?

Sons of Anarchy is alright, but I definitely think season 1 was the best one.

Theres nothing funny here!

Seriously, never thought i'd get into SOA...that type of content etc. I stand by my season-2 statement damn it!

Sons of Anarchy is alright, but I definitely think season 1 was the best one.

Season-1 was good. introduced us to the characters, but it kinda plodded along if memory serves me right. Season-2 took off and running right from the start. Every episode seemed to have a "holy shit can't believe that just happened" moment(s) in it.

Dexter is okay but I get annoyed when people call it one of their favorite series. The supporting cast is fucking horrendous. Also the fifth season went absolutely nowhere and demonstrated that the series really needs an overarching plot of some kind.

I agree, it's not my favourite series but it's still pretty good. The 5th season seemed meandering until the last couple of episodes, and the supporting cast was what made the whole series a little more lively. I actually genuinely despised how some of the characters were behaving...

Season-1 was good. introduced us to the characters, but it kinda plodded along if memory serves me right. Season-2 took off and running right from the start. Every episode seemed to have a "holy shit can't believe that just happened" moment(s) in it.

Yeah, but that's exactly what made it kind of "meh" IMO. They really went over the top after a while with completely unrealistic scenarios and actions just to get that twist for each episode.

Maybe I'm just spoiled from all that 24 I used to watch. That show sure knew how to properly pull off twists in each episode (at least season 1-6).

Yeah, but that's exactly what made it kind of "meh" IMO. They really went over the top after a while with completely unrealistic scenarios and actions just to get that twist for each episode.

Maybe I'm just spoiled from all that 24 I used to watch. That show sure knew how to properly pull off twists in each episode (at least season 1-6).

Soooooo SOA had unproper unrealistic scenarios, but 24 didn't? oookaaaay!

I hear ya tho. But I really have no problem with some of the over the top stuff on shows today. I'd rather have it like that than be a snooze bore-fest..like some stuff you see even on pay / subscribed cable channels.

Well maybe I explained myself wrong. 24 was in every bit as unrealistic as SoA, but from what I remember, the quality and execution of the twists in each episode was far superior. For one thing, they would frequently build up a sub-plot for several episodes that would eventually "solve" a twist, as opposed to deus ex machina.

I agree, it's not my favourite series but it's still pretty good. The 5th season seemed meandering until the last couple of episodes, and the supporting cast was what made the whole series a little more lively. I actually genuinely despised how some of the characters were behaving...

I felt the opposite way about season 5. I thought it felt like a good setup, but then I realized there were only like 3 episodes left of the season and it was still just feeling like setup. And the climax didn't justify any of it.

On a sad note. Andy Whitfield (39) played Spartacus (starz net) has passed after his battle with cancer. He was great in the show and will be missed! I've been a huge fan of the series since it started...and they did get a replacement (when Andy was first diagnosed) for the role of Spartacus. New season will premire in Jan. for those who might give a shite!

RIP SPARTY.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAOrhGk9-I8&feature=related[/ame]

Yeah its a real shame that, Blood and Sand was excellent. R.I.P.

Indeed!

In case not aware...they did film a prequil to season-1 Blood and Sand. This during Andy's unfortunate absence, while he was sick, being treated etc. titled- GODS OF THE ARENA. Featured a new character or two, but basically introduced us to the current cast (pre- Andy / Spartacus of course). How the Lutis began?...where characters like Crixus and Doctore came from?...etc. It was really good and better than I expected it to be. The final episode of that prequil was one for the ages imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Up All Night and Free Agents both had pretty promising premieres tonight. Looking forward to catching more of these shows this season.

Ringer bordered between dull and absurd in the first episode, and it was awfully brightly lit for a noir show. I probably won't check it out again unless desperate.